First the good:
The location is amazing, the grounds are lovely with tropical vegetation, a lot of wildlife (HUGE Iguanas everywhere just hanging out!), and a very nice beach. The rooms are very nice and the bathroom/shower were even better. The pool is huge but cold. Being all inclusive is a plus when you want to hang out at the wet-bar drinking all sorts of fruity drinks (Try them all! :)) all day long. Breakfast buffet was freakin delicious! I swear all my weight gain was from it. They have a wonderful instructor for all the "classes" named Kenny. He was energetic and fun during water-aerobics and did a good job with the beach yoga class.
Now the bad: The restaurants weren't very good (Except for the pizza place). Service was pretty bad but I must admit that this feeling was caused by one particular event - During our dinner at the "Mediterranean" restaurant we were asked to fill out a Comment Card. On it we wrote that the menu could be more authentic, mentioned that our waiter stopped by only once after we got our food, and that the salmon wasn't fresh like the waiter told us AND it was overcooked. The hostess ("Fernanda") then took our card and walked 10 feet from where we were sitting and started reading it!!! How uncomfortable, unprofessional and rude!!! As she read it one of the chefs came by and they both gave us a couple of awkward glances. Again, this was probably the worst experience but none of the staff except for a few seemed genuinely happy to be there. The bartenders were very nice and were very appreciative when you tipped them. The best waiter was "Fransua" at the "Asian" restaurant who was extremely nice and attentive. He made great conversation and good suggestions.
The beach vendors while knowledgeable and able to give you a better deal than the resort, could be annoying at times. Like I said though, they did give us a better deal and were very nice. It was rude when one of the boys on the beach helping us off the jet ski asked us to bring him a pizza from the resort.
I cannot comment on anything outside the resort since we never left it. We never went to the Kids Club since the 7 and 10 year old weren't interested. They were entertained by the pool, beach, and activities offered. They loved getting and trying all the non-alcoholic smoothies at the bars. We also had a blast on beach where we found tons of small hermit crabs!
In the end, Costa Rica is an amazing country to visit. Most of the people have a great attitude towards tourists asking if you enjoyed yourself and what you thought of Costa Rica. They always thanked us for visiting and it was never "Come back to where I work." it was "Come back to our country and see the rest of what it has to offer."
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal - An All-Inclusive Resort is an eco-friendly resort in Playa Conchal, Cabo Velas, Costa Rica located between the exotic forests and unspoiled beaches of the North Pacific Riviera. Our secluded vacation spot is a perfect balance between unrivaled luxury and local culture, giving our guests an unforgettable vacation experience. An All Inclusive experience includes all meals, drinks, use of our fitness center and kids club as well as entertainment options including non motorized water sports, daily activities and nightly events. Our retreat also offers an adult only all exclusive experience at the Royal Beach Club where guests have access to a private pool with concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Booking.com, TravelUp, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal - An All-Inclusive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal Hotel Playa Conchal
- The Westin Resort And Spa, Playa Conchal