I was part of a tour which stayed at the Westin for four nights. I was immediately impressed by the size and beauty of the resort grounds and the architecture, comfort and cleanliness of my suite. However, my favorite aspects of the resort were the proximity of the beach (a public beach), the lagoon-style pool, and the wildlife.
Yes, wildlife: birds, butterflies, iguanas, howler monkeys (quite a few), and troops of white-nosed coatis (raccoon relatives with long tails like lemur tails). On the first morning, I was leaving for breakfast when a troop of about 30 coatis came to have their own breakfast on a nearby lawn. The coatis also loved the pool area and are not shy of tourists. They are adorable, but do NOT leave food unattended...or any bag that once contained food. Also be careful throwing anything in the trash bin. I saw a coati scavenging in one of these bins.
The lagoon-style pool really made this resort special. It was beautifully landscaped, warm, and just delightful. You could just lounge in one spot, or you could swim or wade from one lagoon to another. I also saw people playing water volleyball or taking water aerobics classes.
The service was great, and I was able to get medical care (doctor's consult and medicine) for an ear infection. Now that I think of it, my one gripe was that the shuttle took longer than I would have liked at checkout time. There were a bunch of us checking out at the same time, and one thing about my room was that it was at a location nowhere near the lobby. The location was worth the occasional inconvenience because it was right near the beach, lagoon pool, and beach-side restaurants.
One thing to be aware of: The resort is huge, and you will need to take a shuttle to go to the Lobby/Front Desk. We arrived at the resort at night, which was really daunting. Also, this is Costa Rica, so there are bugs (bees, ants), but I wasn't finding any in my room.
The buffet was very good, and I enjoyed my meals in the various restaurants. They do need to be booked in advance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal - An All-Inclusive Resort is an eco-friendly resort in Playa Conchal, Cabo Velas, Costa Rica located between the exotic forests and unspoiled beaches of the North Pacific Riviera. Our secluded vacation spot is a perfect balance between unrivaled luxury and local culture, giving our guests an unforgettable vacation experience. An All Inclusive experience includes all meals, drinks, use of our fitness center and kids club as well as entertainment options including non motorized water sports, daily activities and nightly events. Our retreat also offers an adult only all exclusive experience at the Royal Beach Club where guests have access to a private pool with concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, West Indies, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal - An All-Inclusive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort And Spa, Playa Conchal
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal Hotel Playa Conchal