We had a marvelous time staying at this Villa. The staff treat you even better than royalty. They treat you like family and friends. One of the gems about this resort is the intimacy. There are only eight rooms available. Not only do you get to know all the staff by name (and vica versa), you also get to know all the other guests by name. Truly, you feel like you are staying at a friend's home.
If all of that is not enough, the personal attention and care is top notch. I have many dietary restrictions. They contacted me in advance to make sure they had food on hand that would fit my needs. They made special trips to the grocery charge on my behalf without additional charges. The food was spectacular in flavor and presentation.
I saved the piece de resistance for last. This whole trip centered around renewing our wedding vows. Jennifer, the General Manager, contacted me in advance. She created a perfect day. Every moment was beyond expectation. She went so far above and beyond that I cannot begin to describe her attention to detail and expended energy. She kept our budget in mind and made us a lavish day.
We began our day chauffeured from the Villa to the beach where we were met by Jennifer; Mariano Grane, our photographer; and Eddy the owner of Pacific Coast Tours and his boat Captain George. Jennifer greeted us with a gorgeous bouquet of flowers! She had asked me what type of flowers I like, and she created pure beauty from there.
With the wind in our hair (mine especially), our day was filled with boating to spectacular locations for photos. We felt like the rich and famous with our own personal paparazzi. We climbed to the very edge of a cliff to experience a magnificent backdrop. We got our feet wet for water cave shots. We meandered through tree root lined waterways, while indulging in fruits, wine, and beer.
We arrived at the location for our renewal. As we discussed as a possibility, if we decided to perform our vows on paddle boards, they were ready to go. The sea was a little too rough that day to go that route. Eddy picked a perfect beach for our ceremony, with the sunset framed by mountains as the finale. Jennifer surprised us with ceremonial champagne . She officiated our heartfelt ceremony.
While we were in the midst of our ceremony, Eddy was creating delectable food on a make-shift grill in the sand: lobster ceviche, tenderloin, roasted beets, crushed plantains, sautéed vegetables, and dark chocolate covered strawberries for dessert. Everything was scrumptious!
Everything throughout the day was orchestrated perfectly, right down to the kissing swan towels and heart arranged on our bed when we returned to the villa. It was a day of love, laughter, beauty, and adventure!
We cannot say enough about Villa Buena Onda!! The personal attention you receive there far surpasses the money you spend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury, boutique hotel overlooking the Pacific ocean. Located just 20 mins from the Liberia International airport. Service includes three a la carte meals served daily. Nearby half a dozen beaches, fishing spots, surf breaks and under an hour from the Rincon de La Vieja (hot springs, mud pits) National Park. Fine decor, two-tier swimming pool with a swim-up bar and stunning ocean views make this a special place to visit. Fantastic food and exceptional service can be expected. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, HotelsClick and Priceline so you can book your Villa Buena Onda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Buena Onda Hotel Playas Del Coco
- Villa Buena Onda Costa Rica/Playas Del Coco