I was impressed with this hotel before we even arrived! I received an email from Shelley introducing herself and the hotel, along with details of excursions they offer. As it was my husbands birthday on the last night Shelley helped me secretly arrange a special dinner too.
The villa itself sits up on a hill in Coco with the most spectacular views! As we climbed out of the bus after a very long ride the first thing we saw was the sea through the lobby. We had some refreshing drinks and Shelley gave us a tour. The pools stare out over the green canopy to the sea below......... What a place.
Our room was on the second floor in the corner. Very simply but tastefully decorated with a comfortable bed and acres of wardrobe storage. The bathroom was massive, completed by a huge shower that had huge windows that looked out over the scenery and ocean........ That took a bit of getting used to but I loved it. The toiletries provided are lovely too.
The staff really do make this place very, very special. From Christian to Migdalia, everyone we spoke to or served us made us feel like they genuinely loved their jobs and wanted to make our stay as perfect as possible. Jennifer and Shelley were never anything less than perfectly gracious hosts.
The pools are comfortable and the perfect place to sip a cocktail and watch the teeny tiny boats in the distance, or to listen to the monkeys, or to watch gorgeous birds take quick baths. We managed to rescue a few dragonflies from the pool too! There is a lot of wildlife around and we managed to see a Kingfisher right by the outdoor bar.
The food was very good and they catered to my usual fussiness with no complaints, we actually heard them asking a vegan couple what they wanted them to pick up for them I.e almond milk.
The surprise birthday dinner was on the last night and we ate up on the balcony normally used for spa treatments - they made such a super effort in decorating the table and making it extra special. My husband was genuinely surprised.
The best part of this place is it only has 7 rooms and there were a couple of days where we had the pool to ourselves. It's peaceful and perfect :-)
Thanks team Villa Buena Onda - you made our stay extra special and I will be telling all my friends they have to come visit you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury, boutique hotel overlooking the Pacific ocean. Located just 20 mins from the Liberia International airport. Service includes three a la carte meals served daily. Nearby half a dozen beaches, fishing spots, surf breaks and under an hour from the Rincon de La Vieja (hot springs, mud pits) National Park. Fine decor, two-tier swimming pool with a swim-up bar and stunning ocean views make this a special place to visit. Fantastic food and exceptional service can be expected. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Villa Buena Onda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Buena Onda Hotel Playas Del Coco
- Villa Buena Onda Costa Rica/Playas Del Coco