I don't normally write hotel reviews, but our four-day stay in Villa Buena Onda is such an exceptional experience that I felt I could not possibly do it the disservice of not writing and raving about it! The hotel is like home to us. It is beautiful, clean and comfortable, and very well maintained. We notice that every little detail has been given the attention to, be it the decor and design, the quality of the bed or the pillows, which are abundant, the menu for each meal with a special course for each dinner. All the staff are ever so ready to give their best services; they genuinely want you to have the best time in your life when you stay here in this beautiful hotel. They are friendly, without being too friendly so that you still have your privacy. For example, we were given a room on the first floor, which is great, as it has direct access to the pool, huge bathroom, and a walk-in closet. But the setback is that the size of the room does not fit a bed larger than a full bed. So, while we weren't so comfortable and did not have much room in bed to maneuver since we are two adults, we did not really complain. When Jennifer asked us after the first night how we were, my partner gave her a kind of a hint that the bed was a bit too small, with a smile. The next thing we knew was we were given an extra room, where there are two full-sized beds. So, we used the first room we had as our "living room" and the second room as the "bed room". I know this could not be expected in every occasion, as the hotel has only seven rooms and it could probably be fully occupied. But this demonstrates the kind of flexibility and the level of service that one is being given. The staff know your schedule and make sure that you have what you need. For example, we booked a tour to Conchal Beach and Tamarindo Beach, and when we boarded the van, Shelly already made sure that ample supply of towels were available in the van for us. You practically have the whole entourage of staff at your disposal to ensure that you have a great time. If you look for a place where comfort is the key, where privacy is protected, where you want to be totally pampered and be indulged, where you can seek honest advice for your trip planning, where you feel at home, you are in the right place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury, boutique hotel overlooking the Pacific ocean. Located just 20 mins from the Liberia International airport. Service includes three a la carte meals served daily. Nearby half a dozen beaches, fishing spots, surf breaks and under an hour from the Rincon de La Vieja (hot springs, mud pits) National Park. Fine decor, two-tier swimming pool with a swim-up bar and stunning ocean views make this a special place to visit. Fantastic food and exceptional service can be expected. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Hotels.com so you can book your Villa Buena Onda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Buena Onda Hotel Playas Del Coco
- Villa Buena Onda Costa Rica/Playas Del Coco