“Visited 2 times, not again”

Hotel Coco Palms Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #40 of 106 Restaurants in Playas del Coco
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Bar, Pub, Costa Rican
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tenerife
“Visited 2 times, not again”
Reviewed 20 May 2012

First time was ok, we had a second bad experience. We ordered 1 big pizza, and 1 greek salad. After 25 minutes we had the food on the table. 1 small pizza, the greek salad came with a lot of humus, and something they claimed to be tzaziki in the menu, very little salad. It was served with pita bread, all exept one piece, was burned black one one side. The waiter was very helpful, he wanted to get us a big pizza, but we had 3 very hungry and tiered children, I I said we prefered not to wait that long. He wanted us take the pizza with us, but when we finished 25 minutes later, they had not managed to finish it. There were only one more table in the restaurant, 6 gentlemen, who had taken control of the remote, and they liked to watch sport really loud, AND the only table with more than 4 chairs, where just below the TV.
Did I mention that the pizza was best eaten with a spoon, It looked more or less like a soup.
The waiter offered us our money back, but what does that help?
Recommended if you like really loud TV, slow service, and pizza-soup. The price for 4 soft drinks, 2 bears, 1 pizza, and 1 greek salat: 22.000 colones. Never again!

• Visited May 2012

Phoenix, Arizona
“great food!”
Reviewed 20 May 2012

This was the first restaurant we ate at when we got to Costa Rica. We found it by just walking around downtown and it was a great find! We had the fresh sea bass and it was hands down the best! The entire meal and service were very good!

Visited April 2012
“Perfect for us”
Reviewed 14 May 2012

We were 2 females traveling to CR for the first time and planned to travel on day trips from a central location after landing in Liberia. Hotel Coco Palms was just perfect for us for that reason. Staff is very helpful and friendly, loved the laundry service where I was able to get my beach towel washed and ready for the next day a couple of times. Rooms were clean, wished we had a window, most rooms are within a "corridor" for a lack of an other description. A/C worked great, showers were great. Saw some comments/complaints about noise, but we were too tired each night to notice. First night we had to share a king bed due to the fact that a triathlon was going on right on the beach. We booked through Orbitz and had a great combo deal for flight and hotel, but were not able to pick a room I think. We were moved the next day to another room. Maybe call to confirm the room you want. Swimming pool was wonderful, perfect after a long day out. The guard outside the store next door with a big gun around him was a different site I had experienced before, made me feel both safe and concerned at the same time. Would go back in a heart beat if I needed a pace to stay in Playas Del Coco again.

Visited May 2012
San Diego, California
“Love everything about it”
Reviewed 11 May 2012

This place is a great gem, best Sushi in Playa del Coco. The owner John is so wonderful he will do anything for you even cook you own fish that you have caught that day . Don't miss this place when your there and there hotel rooms were fantastic to.

• Visited April 2012
Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica
“Hit and Miss”
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I have eaten here three times. Once for lunch (great). The second time was with a large group dinner (very good) and lastly, just me and my wife and two friends (horrible). Lousy service in fact they forgot to even prepare one of our meals! I'll return one more tine before I decide to write this place off.

Visited September 2011