Stayed here one night. Location downtown is good ~ ~ IF you want to be downtown which means noise, of course. I have no idea why this is listed as a B. & B. There is no breakfast. Room was average. Nowhere to put soap in shower.
My only contact with management was not a pleasant one. After dinner, I donned my swimming suit to take a dip in the brightly lighted pool. A man walked out and said very gruffly, "You have ten minutes. Then get out."
The pool has a strange configuration. Steps to what I would call the "kiddie" side, no way to get to other side, which is very deep and only a ladder from the deep side. There are underwater bar stools, but NO WAY to get to them by stairs or ladder without swimming through the deep part. There are signs that say not to enter the pool near the seats! Go figure! Not very accommodating. Bar was never open while we were there and it was high season.
Night guard was very friendly, but I always try to acknowledge them and speak Spanish.
No way to block out bright lights from pool all night in our room. I have bought "black out" material here which is very cheap for curtains and does an amazing job.
Finally, it just was not worth the price of $65 a night for two. I cannot remember if tax was included, but for sure there was no breakfast!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Toro Blanco is a newly-built apart-hotel located a mere 50 meters away from the beach, and about a 5-minute walk to the main street of Playas del Coco. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Hotels.com so you can book your Toro Blanco Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Toro Blanco Hotel Playas Del Coco
- Toro Blanco Resort Costa Rica/Playas Del Coco