“You CANNOT miss this tour. Loved it so much I went TWICE! Crew is amazing!”

Marlin Sailing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Marlin Sailing Tours offers both open and private afternoon sailing tours on board a brand new 65 foot catamaran. View the Costa Rican coastline from the water. Watch for whales, dolphins and turtles. Open bar, light lunch, snorkeling and a Costa Rican sunset are included in the price. Great for the entire family.Daily departures from Playa Del Coco or visit our sister catamaran Marlin del Rey in Playa Tamarindo.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 21 May 2011

I recently took myself on a solo vacation to Costa Rica. I found myself in Playas del Coco where I discovered the Marlin Sailing Tour. I'm sure glad I did. This beautiful 65' foot catamaran is brand new and it shows. Immaculate and spacious. Easily could have held 80 or so passengers. The crew was really exceptional, some of the best customer service I've experienced while traveling. I have worked in the hospitality business for over 20 years & was blown away. I was traveling alone but the fun atmosphere that the crew creates made it easy to make quick friends with other passengers. The crew is very attentive and helpful with informing everyone about the area and what we were seeing on our tour.
There is an open bar that does not disappoint. Leo and Bret (crew) made us some delicious tropical drinks (I recommend the appropriately named 'Marlin'- a fun twist on a mojito)
We motored to the perfect spot for some snorkeling. Full gear is included and is in great condition. We had clear water, saw many colorful fish near the coastline. We were in a beautiful cove with a long stretch of beach for exploring through some caves. All of this activity really worked up an appetite. The lunch that is served was just the right combination for a day on the water...fresh local fruits, well seasoned chicken and some of the best guacamole I've had (made by Marco from the crew) ~ can't forget the cookies, they were great.
Now it was time to sail on back- Marco and Leo hoisted the sail and Jose guided us home. We had a perfect soundtrack to lead us to our sunset return. (see photos)
It was a beautiful day with a perfect ending. I couldn't snap enough photos and didn't want to get off the boat...like I said earlier I loved it so much I ended up taking the tour again 3 days later.
I went on several different tours during my stay in Costa Rica & the fondest memories I have were my days on the Marlin!
Can't wait to return.

2  Thank ShannieCA

Reviewed 9 May 2011

This was by far the best Sailing Tour I've experienced. The amenities and crew were absolutely outstanding. The view of the sun as it sets is not to be missed. There was plenty of food and drinks flowing thru out the day. Snorkeling gear was included which made it nice to not have to carry your own. The Boat is HUGE, clean and very spacious. I would recommend you not miss out on this attraction if visiting the area.

Reviewed 3 May 2011

April 18, 2011 my wife Peg and I took the afternoon / sunset cruise on the new, 66 foot Marlin catamaran out of Playas del Coco. The crew helped make this the best sailing/snorkeling cruise ever. We have gone on several snorkeling cruises in the past, from Hawaii to St. Lucia to Cancun to the Bahamas. The other cruises may have had better snorkeling venues but the experience could not hold a candle to our cruise on the Marlin. The large catamaran was a delight. The attitude of the crew and their desire for us to enjoy our cruise was why this one was the best. Probably didn't hurt that a friendly dolphin swam along side the ship on the way back to Playas de Coco during a gorgious sunset.

Reviewed 5 April 2011

The boat is fabulous and big and clean. The crew are amazing... you feel like you've made new friends by the end of the cruise. I took the sunset cruise and it really was spectacular. The food is amazingly good.
Jose, Leo, and Marco - thank you for a wonderful time... you three made it even better!

Reviewed 22 February 2011

I did not expect that type of Sunset Sail when we signed up to go on this. This boat is HUGE. They can seat over 30 people in the shaded cabin and plenty more outside in the sun.
Pros:
- Great Crew
- Plenty of food
- Open Bar
- Snorkeling
- THE SUNSET SAILING!
Cons:
- It ended. :( we asked if we could stay but they said that the tour was over. I guess I wasn't ready to go after 4 1/2 hours.

Really great time and very reasonable.

1  Thank livingthedream0210