“AMAZING TRIP”

Marlin Sailing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Marlin Sailing Tours offers both open and private afternoon sailing tours on board a brand new 65 foot catamaran. View the Costa Rican coastline from the water. Watch for whales, dolphins and turtles. Open bar, light lunch, snorkeling and a Costa Rican sunset are included in the price. Great for the entire family.Daily departures from Playa Del Coco or visit our sister catamaran Marlin del Rey in Playa Tamarindo.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“AMAZING TRIP”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My husband and I booked this trip because we were interested in a sunset cruise. We had the best time. The crew was amazing. They were around when needed, but not pushy, and made sure everyone had fun. We are not into snorkeling, but tried. The bbq chicken, pico, and guac were delicious!!! They open bar was great too. The only disappointment was that we were hoping to see dolphins, but did not get too. The best part of the trip was the sunset! It was so beautiful. My husband loved the trip so much, that he wanted to go again while we were in CR. I highly recommend this trip!

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Angie S

Pacific Harbour, Fiji
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Catamaran boat tour”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

First visit to Costa Rica- Highly recommend the Marlin del Rey sailing tour. Relaxing and fun-
Terrific crew- Johan Jeffry, Jonathan and Jose-great energy and very attentive-
Food served was wonderful- open bar too!
Highlight of our trip!

Visited April 2014
3 Thank Cheryl K
Seattle, Washington
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“I held an octopus!”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I had the best time on this cruise!! My sister and I decided last minute that it might be something fun to do. We hopped on the little boat at 1:30 and it took us to the catamaran. There was an open bar and the crew was amazing and very attentive. If we didn't grab drinks, they would come around and see if we needed anything. They would bring beers by and chat with us if they weren't busy. The one crew member who sat down and chatted a minute talked about his US travels and said he had been in the coast guard, had excellent swimming skills and was CPR certified. I hadn't asked but it was nice to know (just in case!!!).

The weather was perfect and we cruised for about 45-60 minutes to a little bay where we all snorkeled for 45 minutes. The same guy who chatted with us earlier went snorkeling too and would pick things off the bottom that I couldn't reach (I'm a scaredy) and let us hold them! He grabbed a spider sea star, a sea cucumber and he even found an octopus! It was so amazing getting to hold a tiny octopus and the suction was tickley!

After snorkeling, we had a buffet spread with homemade guac and other yummy things. Then we were off to watch the sunset and cruise back to Coco Beach. They took pictures of us with the sunset and were extremely kind and patient. Oh! And one of the crew members was dancing all around and would ask ladies to dance with him making everyone feel comfortable and giving them a fun time! I was super relaxed on the cargo net things so I didn't dance but it sure was fun to watch! Everyone had a great time and was all smiles!

If I had to say anything even a tiny bit bad, I would say that it was a little slower of a cruising speed than we had expected. But seriously... It's a fun relaxing sunset cruise!

1 Thank Shanon G
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“catamaran boat tour”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I have been to any places and many excursions. This has to be one of my favorite by far. I lost my voucher the guides quickly looked up name no problem. They picked us up at the hotel on time and crew was awesome. Not pushy fun always making sure your happy. The trip its self was beautiful, the trip toward the beach was gorgeous we even saw wild dolphins keep in mind this is not typical . The beach they brought as to was like a little paradise private clean. The food was OK after all the swimming and snorkeling you work up a nice appetite. The sunset on the way back is something ill never forget. Would recommend this to anyone friends families couples. Just not kids the drinking and boat ride is grown up time.

1 Thank Ashesx3
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My friends and I were able to join this tour last minute. From the minute we got onto the boat that took us to the Catamaran until we stepped off it was a GREAT day! We sailed out to a secluded spot for snorkeling, enjoyed a great lunch and open bar and watched the dolphins swim around us as we sailed. The sunset was beautiful! The crew was amazing! Rudy-Jose-Jonathan-Jhonny-Johan and Jeffry made it a GREAT trip that we'll remember forever. It was a beautiful day!

1 Thank Kelly M