“Best seafood in Coco”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Playas Del Coco, Costa Rica
“Best seafood in Coco”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This seafood restaurant has the largest selection of seafood available of any restaurant in Coco. The owner has a fishing fleet so you can be sure the fish is fresh and plentiful. There are so many choices of how the fish can be prepared and the different sauces that accompany the fish like Macadamia Nut or Green Sauce....... Good selection of wine. I like dining upstairs vs. downstairs.

• Visited July 2014

• Slovak first
Ypsilanti, Michigan
“Excellent Tuna”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My tuna steak with a ginger sauce was excellent! My friends liked their meals alright but they each tried a bite of the tuna and wished they had gotten that. The owner talked with us and seated us but after he left the service was slow and inattentive. The price was very reasonable, especially considering the decor and atmosphere made it look like it would have been expensive.

Visited June 2014
London, Canada
“Fish Dinner”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My friend & I visited Papagayo Seafood for dinner during out trip to Coco Beach. My friend ordered the Mahi Mahi which was the catch of the day and I ordered the Tuna. Our dinner was served with bread to share and a salad each as appetizers. Each dish came with a side of steamed veggies. The staff was friendly, the food was good and the price was right. I would definitely try this place again.

• Visited July 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Party touristic place”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

If you like hanging around tourists rather than locals and party in places which are overpriced and only for tourists, you will be in the right place. There is not much left from Costa Rica culture or even the country, which is a great shame. Beaches around are much nicer and quieter.

Visited July 2014
Farmington, New Mexico
“Not the same as it was two years ago”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We visited Costa Rica two years ago and found papagayos seafood. It was excellent then. Needless to say when we came back this year we looked forward to going there. Things definitely changed and not for the good. The first time we were there we ordered just the calamari appetizer. It was rubbery. The waiter was not happy that all we ordered was an appetizer. The next day we tried again. My husband ordered mahi mahi. Two years ago it was the best I had ever tasted. This time it was dry. The waiter did not like that all I ordered was a small salad. I tried to explain that I had weight loss surgery and could not eat much. I seemed to have offended him. Not sure what happened in the two years but it was not good.

• Visited June 2014