Bahia Pez Vela in general was the perfect spot for us (family with two young kids). Very private beach with few visitors compared to so many, safe for swimming and snorkeling (Clean. The resort is made up of a cluster of villas with very well kept grounds, a very convenient restaurant, Picante, serving excellent food, and pools. Cesar in the office was a pleasure to work with and all staff were courteous and helpful. The landscaping, villas, pools and restaurant are very well maintained and it's simply paradise.
While the resort has a very private feel, it also offers easy access to Coco (with lots of restaurants, shops and grocery stores) as well as the main Ocotal beach (restaurant such as Father Roosters, scuba diving shop, fishing, etc.) For us it was the best of both worlds--proximity to conveniences when we wanted them yet a private, clean and safe area to relax and enjoy. I love to travel and even when I love a place I often don't return as there are so many other places to enjoy and see, but I do want to return here.
We had a car and felt we needed one to take advantage of everything the area has to offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bahia Pez Vela Resort is located on a secluded bay on the Papagayo Gulf near Playa Ocotal, only 3 miles from Playas del Coco and about 30 minutes from the Liberia Airport.Our Resort has 40 privately owned Villas that are used for vacation rentals. We have both beach front and ocean view Villas, all are 3 bedroom, 21/2 bath, fully furnished with full kitchen plus laundry facilities. The Villa prices range from $240 to $750 depending on location, season, and amenities.Our Picante Restaurant is next to 3 of our 4 swimming pools that overlook the black sand beach and the bay. It is available for weddings, meetings and other special events.Bahia Pez Vela Resort features snorkeling in our bay, easy pick up for fishing tours and a convenient location for enjoying Guanacaste area attractions and tours.We are sure that our Resort is a perfect resource for you, your family & friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Bahia Pez Vela Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Pez Vela Hotel Playas Del Coco
- Bahia Pez Vela Resort Costa Rica/Playas Del Coco