“Epic Vacation”

Hotel Coco Beach & Casino
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Playas del Coco
“Epic Vacation”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

My friend and I stayed at The Coco Beach hotel for eight nights. We could not of asked for a better location or experience on this trip. The hotel is in the heart of playa del coco. Great restaurants, bars, clubs and shopping. The beach is a hop skip and jump away. The staff here are extremely friendly and helpful with impeccable English. I would send any of my friends here and hope to come back soon! I also won some money at the casino. This location is for the traveler that wants to have entertaining people watching, great food and an incredible night life. Pura Vida!!!!!

• Stayed March 2014
Coco Beach H, Asistente at Hotel Coco Beach & Casino, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear Nanommie, Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay at Coco Beach Hotel. We appreciate hearing from our customers, as their comments are vital for us to continue improving our accommodations… We are glad to hear that our staff helped you with efficient and friendly service.
Thank you so much again for your feedback

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Kenmore, Washington
Reviewed 4 March 2014

While staying at this hotel I slept in probably the nicest bed I ever have in my life. The rooms are nice, clean and comfortable; there is wifi (but not for androids), a nice pool (though it is in the middle of the restaurant) and good hotel staff. Though Playas del Coco is probably one of my least favorite towns, the hotel is situated in the middle of town and close to the beach if Playas del Coco is your cup of tea. While you are supposed to pay the difference between a continental breakfast and what ever other breakfast you order (usually $3), our bill didn't suggest that, it seemed to be a more random number, always over $3. The restaurant staff is pretty bad though the hotel has fairly decent customer service.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Costa Rica
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I cannot begin to say how delighted I am to have made the decision to stay at this hotel. Everything worked out wonderfully from the room, great service, yummy food and a nice refresing pool. Make this your choice hotel for price as well. Parking, free wifi and breakfast are also included. Each morning breakfast consisted of the freshest of fruit, toast, juice and coffee; and for only $2 more I would add eggs. Only a five minute walk to the beach makes it's location ideal. The hotel is also surrounded by restaurants, bars and some shopping. We stayed here for a week while house hunting in the area. The front desk staff, along with the restaurant and bar staff were helpful and super friendly. The room was modern with all of the amenities needed and a comfortable bed at the end of each day ensured a good night's sleep. I have read some reviews about the hotel being a little noisy due to it's local, but keep in mind that Coco is a beach town with a party atmosphere. If you are looking for a tranquil quiet hideaway than there are other towns that might be more suitable. Even though I won't be staying here on my next visit due to the purchase of a great vacation house, I will be dropping in to visit the staff and eat in the wonderful restaurant. Keep up the great work everyone; you're certainly a choice hotel on my list!

Room Tip: Choose a suite on the top floor, overlooks the pool and restaurant.
Oceanside, California
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Except for an initial issue the wife and I had with our room we are extremely pleased with the hotel experience. Upon finding the discrepancy and barely brining it up at the bar the staff got the NEW general manager and he set us up with a more appropriate room while it was being repaired. Then for reconciliation JORGE, toolk us to very private local beach down the coast. Between Jorge and Carlos we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would love to come back here.

• Stayed February 2014
Edmonton
Reviewed 1 March 2014

This was close to the beach, shops, restaurants and nightlife.

The staff were friendly and helpful and attended quickly to any deficiency. The pool was out of order one day but the hotel management were right on it and very apologetic.

We felt welcomed and secure. The pool area was great.

The service in the restaurant was a bit slow at times, but we were in Costa Rica, pure vida!

Would definitely stay again.

• Liked — the pool area and breakfast
  • Disliked — being without the pool one day
Shamong, New Jersey
Reviewed 26 February 2014

This hotel is clean and decoratored nicely. Has coffee maker and tv. A/C. Management is nice and helpful. The problems are street noise and smell. The beach is dirty so is the street. Dogs tearing up trash. Loud until late night. The plus we did have breakfast every morning which was good and the waitress was very quick she even brought a fresh mango to my hubby after hearing he liked them. But then agian he also was propositioned on the street because of the internet not working in our room. He came back to room really fast. LOL

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 24 February 2014

The room was adequate, but needs some updating. It was clean, except for some mold in the shower. The bar soap they use was wonderful - I know that is strange to say in a review, but it was! Our friend were on the second floor and their room was much nicer, a flat screen tv and they could reach the internet from their room. We had to go to the lobby to have access.

The room came with a free breakfast, continental. If you want to upgrade to a full breakfast it is $3 extra. I saw a few complaints in other reviews about this, but they made it very clear in our booking about the breakfast, what had a charge and what didn't. $3? Why gripe about that, it is still a very good deal. And how nice it was to have eggs with the bright yolk, unlike the pale yolk from the not so fresh eggs back home. We didn't have any other meals at the restaraunt, but I did have a few beers at the bar while watching the super bowl. The bartender, Jose, will keep you amused. And, he is attentive.

One of the staff members, Josue, made our stay. Two things he helped on, the 1st and lesser was internet access. For some reason, my android tablet could not connect to the internet. Josue made his own phone as a mobile hot-stop and allowed me to connect through it. He didn't even want a tip for doing so.

The second, was when my wife was stung by a stingray. We immediately went back to the hotel, Josue asked what was wrong and sat my wife down in a chair in the lobby and got a bucket of very hot water, some vinegar and disinfectant. The hot water immediately relieved her pain, he then cleaned her wound the best he could. Josue called the local doctor, who happened to be in San Jose and it would be 5 hours until he returned. Josue kept in touch with the doctor and kept up updated on his arrival. After the doctor left ($80 for a house call - beat that in the states!) Josue called to see how my wife was doing - this was after his shift was ended and he left for the day.

As for the town itself and the beach, it wasn't exactly my cup of tea. There were many restaurants that were styled to us gringos, the beach wasn't the nicest and had a lot of trash about. In fact this was the only place I saw trash in the streets in all of the country.This was the only place I was also approached about time shares.

There is a nicer beach a short drive away - Ocotal that is much better.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotel Bosque del Mar Playa Hermosa
Hotel ManGaby
Hotel ManGaby
#1 of 11 in Playa Hermosa

Been to Hotel Coco Beach & Casino? Share your experiences!