“Diego is rad”

Star Paddle Costa Rica
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer stand up Paddle Tours on Papagayo area, Coco beach, Hermosa beach, Ocotal beach, Panama beach and Four Seasons area.
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Diego took us out to those islands way out in the middle of the bay and it took a while but well worth it. I felt very accomplished after it was all done.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Paddle boarding was always something we wanted to do but lakes back in Canada are always quite cold. So SUP was top of our list for Costa Rica. And the experience with Diego was tops. He made learning easy and before we knew it, we were all paddling away with no difficulty. My daughter is only 10 yrs old and was mastering on her own board. The best part for her was having Ica, Diego's perfect little dog, join her on her board while she paddled along the ocean. What fun! We will be back for sure. Anyone looking for a fun and good workout should definitely try this!

Reviewed 7 January 2013

We went on a paddle on Christmas morning, which was fantastic. Diego was a great guide, taking us around to a deserted beach, taking photos along the way, and letting us paddle with Ica, the dog. We saw a spotted eagle ray and huge schools of fish jumping out of the water. We loved it, and highly recommend you try it!

Reviewed 6 January 2013

I spent a week in Costa Rica with my family over Christmas, and paddled with Diego and his crew almost every day because I loved it so much. My brother, sister-in-law, and 9 year old niece joined in several times as well! First off, Diego is a gem - very experienced, mature, knows everything about the region, the tides, the currents, weather etc. I felt totally safe in his hands, even on days when the conditions were challenging. He's a great teacher, and is particularly encouraging and helpful with first-timers. He was TERRIFIC with my niece - I was worried it would be hard for her and she wouldn't enjoy it, but he really helped her out and stuck with it and by the end she wanted to come back for more. Also: Diego takes great pictures! And he has a really adorable dog, Ica, that rides on the front of his board.
More generally: this is a really fun activity that's just challenging enough, but anyone can learn it. The coastline is beautiful, the water so warm you almost want to fall in, and because you're standing up on the board you get a really great angle into the ocean and, because it's so clear, can see all sorts of fish and rays and other interesting creatures.
I could not recommend this experience more highly.

1  Thank Lara878
See more reviews
Reviewed 6 January 2013

We were in Costa Rica for a Christmas vacation with 19 family members. Diego told us about the paddle board outing so we thought we'd give it a try. 9 people in our group went - and the ages ranged from 9 to 46. We were all first-timers and we all had a blast! Diego leads a well-run outing that is safe and fun. It offers an opportunity to see the beautiful beaches and water up close. Definitely a highlight of our trip. Some of our group saw a double rainbow. My 10-year-old daughter got to paddle with Diego's dog on her board (she's a big animal fan) and she did a 20-foot free dive with Diego as well. Huge thumbs up - I highly recommend this activity!