“We saw Costa Rica”

Chicago
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“We saw Costa Rica”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We met Alex at the airport, he was nice and trusting compared to the other taxi drivers. He showed us Costa Rica the right way, through the eyes of a native. He was much cheaper than the resort guides.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Twotimesthetravel

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Wonderful Experience!”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed at the Riu Palace and Alex took us on some great tours while we were there. It was one of the best trips I have ever taken! We went horseback riding in the mountains and on the beach, he was able to take us to Coco Beach and also on an all day tour doing amazing stuff! We also went snorkling in some beautiful waters. We had a big group so I know he coordinated other tours with other members of our group when they wanted to do other stuff then what we were doing. I would highly recommend using Alexonthebeach every time you visit Costa Rica! Thank you Alex!

Visited May 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Oscar!! <3”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Oscar, the man for the Paolo Verde excursion. We booked this half-day excursion with AlexOnTheBeach and have absolutely no complaints. He gave myself and my girlfriend an experience of our lifetime. We went into the Wetlands and were able to see the white-face monkeys, crocodiles, Tucan's, Macau's, etc... all in the wild. He's very knowledgeable and insightful and I never once felt as if my safety wasn't in his highest regard. I highly recommend the Paolo Verde excursion with Oscar. I can't thank him enough.

Rockaway, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Alex's Mega Combo Tour was fantastic!”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

April 2014 - Alex took our group of 15 (babies/children/adults) staying at the Rue Guanacaste in Costa Rica on a private all-day excursion that was truly amazing. Waterfall, zip lining, water slide, buffet lunch, horseback riding, hot springs were all included, and all fantastic. It was cheaper than the hotel excursions, and Alex entertained us with information and stories. We got a personal tour of this part of Costa Rica and a whole day of adventure and fun. Plus we used him for transfers between the airport and hotel. I would use Alex again in a heartbeat, and absolutely recommend him and his company to anyone vacationing in Guanacaste.

1 Thank Pat W
Ottawa, Canada
“Tamarindo Beach + waterfall +volcano hike”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We had a great experience with Alexonthebeach and our guide Rolando on a recent trip to Costa Rica. We used them for 2 separate excursions. The first was a day trip to Tamarind where they organized a surfing lesson. Rolando took us on the scenic route and stopped at various other beaches so we could take pictures and see more of the country. He also took pictures for us while we had our 90 minute surfing lesson. The instructor, Miguel, was also excellent! I would highly recommend a trip like this.

Later in the week, we hiked at the base Rincon de la Vieja. Rolando hiked with us, pointing out monkeys (spider and white faced), saw craters and mud volcanos. We even had some fun with natural mud facials. We had a great experience at the Llanos del Cortez waterfall - we swam and took pictures there too.

We asked Rolando to take us to a local restaurant to have a typical Costa Rican lunch! We went to a great little place in Liberia and had a delicious meal!

We enjoyed having a private tour on both days and enjoyed the personal touch that Rolando brought to the tour. We were so happy to have pictures of our adventures and have him point out things along the way that would be of interest.

I highly recommend finding them on the beach and using them for your tours! It was much cheaper than excursions with the hotel and just 2 of us!

Thanks to Ronaldo for 2 great tours!