“humble storefront, best food in Coco!!”

Le COQ Lebanese Health Food
Price range: US$4 - US$10
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At the main entrance of the Casino and Hotel Coco Beach, 1 1/2 blocks from the beach. Look for the lime green LeCoq sign. Closed Sundays.
Oak Park, Illinois, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“humble storefront, best food in Coco!!”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Kept coming back for the pork wrap. Key: get a lunch and ask a for a party platter to go. It will be ready near the end of your lunch. Then you can pick at that for dinner, breakfast, lunch the next day. Tons of locals kept coming up getting carry-out orders while I was there. Also, lots of people would come to the counter carrying tupperware and other small plastic containers and then would beg the staff to fill them with hummus. VEGETARIAN FRIENDLY--lots of falafel, hummus, tomato/basil salad (you may have to pick out the cheese if you're vegan ;)

Very ironic that some of the best food in town is Lebanese food!! Good work Serge, keep it up!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Steve N

B.C.
“my favourite place after a hard day of Kite Boarding”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I love to stop there for my regular falafel wrap with potatoes and garlic sauce. The food is delicious, and the portion is awesome. Never leave there hungry. I love the style of the place, just a small cube on the side of the busiest street in Coco. Truck food style but bonus seats. I love it....

Visited August 2014
2 Thank Waterandsun
Ottery St. Mary, United Kingdom
“Best food in Playas del Coco”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Went here for lunch Between the 4 of us we had the pork, chicken and falafel. Amazing tasty food healthy... What more can I say: don't miss it!!

1 Thank Ottery15
Montreal, Canada
“Holllaa!”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I got the chance to eat at le Le Coq few times during my stay at Playa Del Coco, the owners are amazing people. Kind and friendly,I was glad to have the chance to meet such a great couple. The food is always fresh and honestly it's very rare to find great affordable prices anywhere in Costa Rica. Overall, it is totally worth trying and I want to thank you Serge & Diana for being soooo great! :)

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank amber_vanilla
Toronto, Canada
“Freshly made and delicious”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My husband and I ate here for lunch while staying in Playas del Coco based on all the reviews.
Let's just say the reviews were right on. You have to really look for the sign or you will miss it. The place resembles a treehouse. Everything is made fresh while you sit on stools waiting. I had the falafel and my husband had the mahi mahi. We live in Toronto and we can't say we have had anything close to the freshness and tastiness. It's a small establishment and the people are friendly and efficient. Totally worth eating here!

• Visited August 2014