“best deal in Costa rica”
Review of Hotel Coco Palms

Hotel Coco Palms
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Playas del Coco
Reviewed 20 November 2012

We stayed November 2012. Rooms were clean, a little on the small size, but you'r not in the room that much. I found NO bugs in the room, had plenty of hot water and US channels on the TV. I also had a microwave, a small refrigerator and a safe. But what a great outdoor pool area! We spent much of our time at the outdoor restaurant/bar and pool. Staff was very friendly. We brought an unlocked phone from the US and Marcella helped us with a costa rican SIM card. The Sim card and 200 Minutes cost us $10.00. We used it to call the US. The restaurant/bar staff, Kevin and "Evo" were fantastic. The hotel is in the middle of everything. You have the beach and the downtown shops and restaurants within a short two minute walk. Very clean beach with several restaurant/bars right on the beach. Be sure to cross the red neck "bridge" to coco loco's. John Rothwell

Room Tip: try and get a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank john r
HotelCocoPalms, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Coco Palms, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2015

Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay at Hotel Coco Palms. We are glad you got to enjoy our great location and welcoming staff . Thank you for your recommendations to future travelers!

Reviewed 8 November 2012

Unfortunately, I forgot a purse in the room, with some jewelry: 2 silver and gold necklaces (one of them a wedding gift), 2 pairs of white gold 18 karat earrings, and some cash. Contacted the hotel less than 3 hours later and for my great relief, had the confirmation my purse was found... If I only knew how things would be handled from then on... I exchanged e-mails with a staff member named ANISLEY, who confirmed my purse was there and guaranteed it would be kept at "la oficina de la gerencia" (manager's office) until my return - I'd be back within less than a year. Mailing wasn't a safe option, since I live in Nicaragua and many times packages just don't arrive. A couple of months later, I wrote again just to check in... and no response. Many e-mails sent, until I contacted the manager, PATTY LIBERMAN, who finally after my threat to complain online and etc., said she would look for my items and return to me ASAP... Never happened, as I feared. I then contacted the owner of the hotel, just because I felt he needed to know about how his employees had been negligent. I was looking for at least an apology - like any professional business owner would proceed, you know? No response at all.

Just overall unprofessional; from room service, to manager, to owner.

Room Tip: Don't get a room close to the pool, it's way too noisy. Bedrooms are hot, so make sure the A...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Giorozza
Reviewed 15 October 2012

hotel coco palms;best location 300yds.from beach,one block from center of town.Great food and service.Beautiful swimming pool,clean rooms and the price is right great.place to start your vacation the hotel can arranage all you trips,if you go fishing bring your catch back and it will be prerared any why you like John McLane

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank hometaxi

Reviewed 27 June 2012

You get what you pay for. We rather spend our money on a great backyard and a place to chill out, than an upgraded room with all service. If you agree, this is a great place to stay. The backyard has a great pool, bar and restaurant and really great staff. The location is central and close to beach.The room was simple, but clean. The bathroom didn't has a door, but maybe the bigger rooms has.

The hotel also has a 24 hours open suoermarked.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Backpack20

Reviewed 19 April 2012

I was attending a close friends wedding in Costa Rica, and could not afford to stay at the RIU Resort with the rest of the wedding guests, so I took a gamble and stayed at the Hotel Coco Palms. Winner winner...chicken dinner! It was such a great place! The staff was so attentive! Andre the evening front desk clerk was very patient with us, and Cesar the daytime waiter in the restaurant was also friendly, kind and very helpful! We loved his different baseball hats that he wore every day from Superman to the Celetics. The breakfast was great because you receive $5 towards your breakfast from the menu, and was it good and fresh! The hotel was very quaint and intimate, the staff was very very attentive to our needs as well as patient with our lack of knowledge of the spanish language.

We did attend our friend's wedding at the RIU and it was a really nice resort. But my friend and I couldn't wait to get back to our hotel and away the from the massive grazing of the all-inclusive resort as well as the swimming pools with what seemed like hundreds of people in at a time. Our friends who stayed there were less than impressed with the cuisine, as were we when had the opportunity to dine there! We missed the authenticity of the Hotel Coco Palms as well as the Zi Lounge that was located just down the street! (The seafood soup was literally to die for, as well as the nachos with chicken!!!!!!) We missed our intimate staff who knew us by name!
The day that we had to check out was a sad one. Cesar gave us each a kiss on the cheek and the own came out of his office to see us off. We felt like one of the family, and would DEFINITELY plan to visit there again.

There was one downside, and that was the lack of hot water. They did upgrade our room to a really really nice room (although our first room was simple, it was still nice and very clean). We finally received hot water (not just luke warm) on our last morning there. Would that deter us from staying there again?!??! Definitely not! We would rather stay at the Hotel Coco Palms with lukewarm water than at the RIU Resort with piping hot water!

BTW, Coco Beach was the location that the RIU took it's guests to for shopping - $15 pp. We were already there enjoying all of the greatness that the area had to offer!

I recommend to the highest degree this hotel with two thumbs up!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank hbg2pgh
Reviewed 13 April 2012

We were in Plays a Del Coco for a family destination wedding and stayed at Hotel Coco Palms for 4 days in March. If you're looking for a 4 star hotel with all the amenities you won't find it here. If you're looking for a clean, safe hotel with a delightful staff, relaxing atmosphere, and great restaurant near the center of town, this is your place! We had a wonderful time and can't say enough about the staff. It was great!

Room Tip: We were on the street side downstairs and really didn't hear much noise. Slept great!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank marsha b
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I recently stayed at Coco palms on a short but well planed trip to Costa Rica and was beyond pleased with the warm and attentive hospitality received at this one of a kind hotel. I traveled with my husband and a friend. We were there for 5 days and with so much to do in Costa Rica we decided to pre book our activities with a local travel company. We arrived on a Friday and had scheduled a day full of activities at Rincon De La Vieja volcano for saturday, I called the company to confirmed everything was set but the tour bus never came! I called the tour company and they told me the driver had been at the hotel and no one was there (whichwas a lie because we were waiting in the front lobby 20 minutes before our scheduled pick up time) after getting the run around for about an hour and even the manager getting on the phone with the tour company to confirm we were there the entire time we got nowhere with these people. I was devastated, this was the highlight of our trip and we had scheduled other activities for the rest of our stay. The manager of the hotel Patricia stood by our side the entire time trying to work out a deal with the tour company for us but when they wouldn't budge patrica quickly arranged for an immediate pick up at the hotel from a different tour company and a later tour. ( which we would have known nothing of if it weren't for her) we would've missed out on the best part of our trip! We had an amazing time it and wouldn't have been possible with out the manager's quick and costumer service oriented mentality. Our rooms were spotless each time we got back from whatever activities we were doing that day. They have free wi if and computers in the lobby and free local and international calls to the US from the lobby! Traditional Costa Rican breakfast was included with the stay and it was too amazing. I could write more and more about our short but soooooo pleasant stay here but I think I've said enough. Close to all the nightlife,bars,restaurants and attractions etc. awesome 24hr mini mart with alcohol available. Love coco palms!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
#8 of 11 in Playa Hermosa
Hotel Chantel Suites
Hotel Chantel Suites
#5 of 11 in Playas del Coco

Been to Hotel Coco Palms? Share your experiences!