This was a great overall place to stay. Some minor things that could be looked into but overall I would go back (and tried however it's sold out)
Orlando and Roger were fantastic and everything in worked pretty well. The A/C's were great and overall it was a good place to stay with a great view.
We got a gas golf cart and it was a good choice as it fit the bill. Cheap enough in renting.
I would go back and will probably next year for sure.
We rented this property for the weekend of the 70.3 Ironman in El Coco. We stayed a total of 5 nights with 6 adults and 3 children. I proceeded to rent the property based on the outstanding reviews and on the description and pictures presented by the owner, nevertheless in fairness to potential renters, I have to be honest on what we found.
- The property was pretty worn out - inside and outside - it gave us the impression of lacking regular maintenance (toilet not flushing, broken tiles, holes in the drywall, water stains on ceiling, windows cracked, worn out paint, etc).
- It was dirty upon our arrival with dead bugs all over the place (the cleaning lady came the next morning, but the cleaning was not thorough as expected).
- Bathrooms were severely stained and dirty, as if a deep cleaning had not taken place for awhile.
- The water pump was not working when we arrived and water pressure was limited, so we had to shower in the first floor bath. Maintenance came to turn on the pump, but we had this problem on and off during our stay.
- Closets were dirty and with old stuff inside.
- The pool had broken tiles and was full of dead bugs.
- About an 8 min drive to downtown El Coco (walking not recommended), just make sure to follow the correct route as they are many paths down the mountain
- Gated community
- Good and working air conditioning
- Kitchen was renovated and is well equipped with good appliances
- Orlando is responsive when we contacted him with many of the problems we had during our stay (cleaning, pump not working, water pipe breakage, etc.)
A one-star review might seem too excessive to some, but to us a dirty place is a deal breaker. We wish we would have enjoyed our stay more as this was our yearly family trip, but we had to deal with multiple property issues which is something no one wants to be doing during vacation. The house does have potential, but needs lots of repairs and a deep cleaning.
Our stay at Cocobay was awesome, amazing ocean view, house is really well equipped, we were able to fit 9 people comfortably, nice decorations, beautiful pool and terrace, the house has a nice private roof top, perfect for tanning.
The house is close to restaurants, supermarket, 10 minutes walking distance to the beach, located at the private hills of el Coco.
Our family had a wonderful time, completely recommended, hope to be back soon!
My family, some friends and I spent 4 nights at this wonderful house and had a great time. The house is perfectly located in el Coco, in a quiet and private place but really close to all the restaurants, bars and amenities in the area.
The house is beautifully decorated, rooms are really comfortable and the house is fully equipped. Perfect place for relaxing and enjoy the amazing view form the private pool or from the many spacious balconies in the house.
The owner, Orlando, is a great guy, really easy to deal with and he made sure we were comfortable the whole time during our stay. I really felt like I got the best deal for my money with this rental. 100% recommended.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Friends getaway||People with disabilities|
|Older travelers||Families with young children|
|Large groups||People with pets|