All reviewsnice place to stayparrotsguanacastebedsbeachesconchalpoolflamingo
Reviewed 30 November 2016

Staff were very friendly and helpful, the grounds were park-like. Great breakfast served next to the sparking pool. Wifi signal was inconsistent. Rooms were very large. Centrally located to many beaches, store and restaurants. Great value for price.

Room Tip: casita 6 has the best a/c
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank brad w
Reviewed 26 November 2016 via mobile

We arrived here late at night and were not too sure about the place but trusted what we'd read here

Come morning the sun lit the place up and the breakfast was perfect for me with scrambled eggs and beans and rice

Friendly staff

A good choice for sure

Stayed: November 2016
Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

We first booked into another hotel close by, we did walk out after seen the conditions and we ended up here.
I can't say it's cheap (nothing is cheap in Costa Rica) but it is nice and convenient. The rooms are really clean and spacious. Nice pool and nice beds (a big noise tho)
The staff were really nice, peaceful and smilie (first time after 10 days in Costa Rica!!!)
Really recommendable and friendly staff!
If I ever go back to Costa Rica I would go!

Stayed: October 2016
Reviewed 8 April 2016

We stayed here on our last night in Costa Rica. If you have a car, it is perfect. Once you get past the parking lot, it is beautiful with a clean pool and palm trees. My kids enjoyed playing in the pool. The SCUBA training in the morning, that others have mentioned, was only for about 45 minutes as we ate breakfast. They are a short drive to Playa Flamingo or a 25 minute walk. The food was good tipica food, and the family was very gracious and reduced our rate, as we had received the Semana Santa rate, and it was after Easter.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Abigail D
Reviewed 2 February 2016 via mobile

Hotel Guanacaste Lodge is in a good location. The staff are helpful and accommodating which made the stay better. The accommodation is reminiscent of a European hostel. There is a fridge. There is no means for cooking - no BBQ or hot plate. Some lights in the room were burnt out and not replaced as requested. Hot water tap in one of the rooms did not work. This made it difficult for a 28 day stay. Breakfast was included in the cost - though the scrambled eggs, rice & beans were tasty they were the only items on the menu. Coffee was excellent. OJ was tang I think. There was a well stocked supermarket next door. Unfortunately with no means to cook at the lodge, the presence of the store was moot. If I were to stay for 28 days next year - it would not be here. This hotel is for short stays only! Also there was great disparity with regard to cost of accommodation among those registered here. I was paying 100% more to stay for a month than one of the other guests at this lodge!
Overall, for long stays, this hotel was very poor. I think staying at an upscale "all inclusive" would have been more economical than the outcome yield here.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo