If you like a well run hotel in a fantastic location that is quiet but fun and interesting then you cannot beat this hotel.
The staff are some of the best trained staff I have ever met, keen to help and do their job professionally , not at all pushy for tips although I have seldom been somewhere where I felt every member of staff deserved a good tip.
The rooms are very good , lovely comfortable x 2 queen sized beds in every room and ours looked over the pool and you can hear the waves lapping up the beach that is adjacent to the hotel. The beach is white sand , clean and safe .
The food had a lot of variety and was consistently of a good quality. The staff are very pleasant and accommodating and always smile and any service is responded with ' Con much gusto'( with great pleasure).
The pool is beautifully maintained and to reach the beach you just cross the road,where whales and turtles are evident.
The trips that we went on were really good quality and with excellent guides.
At first glance the Arenal overnight can seem a bit steep at $250 but it included a day trip to the volcano and a boat trip, a 3-4 hour trip to the hot springs, a night trip to the volcano seeing the red lava spilling down the mountain, really good food(x4 substantial meals). We arrived late at the hotel at the opposite side to the main lava flow and so did not realise until we woke in the morning that we were right in front of the volcano, on a clear day, and could see all the craters. The Arenal Springs was an excellent hotel too. We were then taken to meet the Maleku tribe ( a small indigenous tribe of 350 people.)I am the most cynical about being a voyeur of peoples private lives and cultures and traditions. I was so moved to speak to these people who live sustainability in a way we pay lip service to.They were funny, articulate and proud and I found it very moving.So all that for $250!!!
The Palo Verde is a nice relaxing informative trip with lots of wildlife ( including lots of crocodiles)
Back to the hotel and I have to mention the amazing Manuel who is the best personal trainer you could wish for. Hard working , great fun, very competitive and the pool volley ball is like the league of nations and great exercise and good fun.
The afore mentioned improvements were of no inconvenience .
A very enjoyable stay and no complaints!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only resort located on one of Costa Rica's most famous blue-flag, ecologically protected beaches, this resort location is the perfect beachfront base from which to explore all of Costa Rica’s natural beauty and adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Flamingo Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Beach Resort And Spa
- Flamingo Beach Hotel Playa Flamingo
- Flamingo Beach Resort Costa Rica
- Flamingo Beach Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Playa Flamingo