“PURA VIDA PERFECT!!!!!”

Flamingo Beach Resort And Spa
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Playa Flamingo
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We had an amazing one week stay at the Flamingo, for our "Whimsical Women Art Retreat". The staff was so kind and gracious, the food superb. We never ever had to leave the resort for anything! Rooms were spotless, maid service excellent and it was easy to get to every inch of the resort from our room. The pool was heaven and the swim-up bar was a blast! There was such a "family" feel here, and you know that the entire staff, especially the owners Pam and Carlos, constantly are attentive to their guests making sure each and every one is happy and having a pleasant stay. We have booked the retreat again for next year, and will be telling all our friends in the US about this hidden treasure. It was nice to be RIGHT ON THE BEACH!!!!! Don't believe the less than wonderful reviews. I travel twice a month for business and this is in my TOP THREE for hotels, service, food and satisfaction. Don't walk, RUN to the Flamingo!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank jayzeeartzee

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Great service from check in to departure. Very clean..extra comfortable beds. Delicious food. Excellent service everywhere we went on property. I cant wait to return. It was a 5-star stay. Thanks to ALL the wonderful staff.

Room Tip: Ask for pool side..it was divine.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brekman_Family
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I'm so glad we stayed at Flamingo Beach Resort! Everything was perfect from start to finish. The resort is very clean and designed beautifully. The pool area is very relaxing and the guys at the pool bar are great and know how to make any drink imaginable! We signed up for an inclusive deal, which I had never done before, but I absolutely loved it. The breakfast buffet was my favorite- absolutely delicious and the best coffee ever! Lunch and dinner are off the menu with lots of options. We were there for 5 days and I never got tired of the food! The bedrooms were nice with AC and really comfy beds. We had a great view too. The beach right in front of the hotel is very lovely. Not crowded at all and perfect for a stroll. The prettiest sunsets I saw in Costa Rica were at Playa Flamingo! It's also really easy to do a day trip to Tamarindo from the Resort, and they can arrange the ride for you! I'll never forget how friendly everyone was there. It's a one of a kind place! I definitely want to go back and take my family, they would love it.

1  Thank Pru_travels
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I just recently returned from Costa Rica after spending 5 days there. I have stayed in all inclusive hotels before and did not expect too much. Flamingo Beach Resort us without a doubt of the highest caliber. Not only is the resort located in a beautiful region of Costa Rica with gorgeous sunsets and an amazing beach but the service is superb.

The hotel is located on the beautiful flamingo beach. Upon arrival to the hotel, one can see the beaches and resorts it surrounds. The neighborhood around the resort is safe and clean. It is easy to travel to and around the resort. The hotel also has taxi/bus service that takes you around the city for a cost. My group decided to head to Tamarindo for an afternoon and the taxi service was safe and quick.

The rooms were comfortable, well kept, and spacious. The amenities were all working and the A/C cooled the room just right. The bathroom was large and like new with a large bath tub.

The food at this resort is made well and with love. There is a large assortment of foods and drinks available. Each dish is set up beautifully but most importantly tastes fresh and delicious.
The staff is caring and offers great service. Most of the workers at the hotel allowed time for you to get to know them and understand a bit more of the Costa Rican culture. Just a couple of my favorites were Leo and Manolo. They both worked at the pool bar and knew how to make great tasting drinks that fit your personality and mood!
There are no words to truly express how great Flamingo Beach Resort is. You must try it out for yourself. The owners have done a great job at establishing such a nice establishment. It is like a home away from home. They have hired great staff that love their job and have taken their time to love their business and the environment around it. Infinite thanks to them!

1  Thank YeliM7
Flamingo B, Owner at Flamingo Beach Resort And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

We cannot thank you enough for this wonderful feedback about your recent stay with us at the Flamingo Beach Resort & Spa! Your kind words will go a long way toward motivating and refreshing our hard-working staff, who are like family to us. They do give their all as they try to make each guest's experience a positive and personalized one, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and recognize their contributions. Please come back and see us again!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

The hotel is located right on the beach with awesome sunset views. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. We spent the majority of the day outside or in the pool, which was also very clean and very relaxing. The hotel staff were all extremely friendly and set a warm and fun atmosphere to the hotel. I even won a free 15 minute massage from playing bingo! The spa was extremely tranquil, and the massage was so relaxing. They didn't try to pressure me into buying anything else, but let me just enjoy the massage. The food offered at the restaurant all tasted so amazing and was beautifully presented. They are also very accommodating in meeting certain eating restrictions/diets. The chocolate brownie with ice cream was seriously the best dessert I have ever had! Overall, my stay at Flamingo was what really helped to make this vacation, a relaxing paradise in Costa Rica!

1  Thank JaneW26145

Thank you so much for staying with us and for sharing this positive review of your stay at the Flamingo Beach Resort & Spa. In addition to the serenity of our beautiful location, we were very pleased to read that you enjoyed the food at our Arenas Restaurant and Sunset Bar & Lounge, because we have been working hard to improve our menu choices and food quality. As you probably became aware during your visit, many of our fruits, vegetables, spices and eggs come from our own organic farm! And thank you for pointing out that the chef will work with any guest who has dietary restrictions to develop tasty and healthy dishes to order. Pura Vida!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Flamingo Resort was a pleasant surprise nestled in Guanacaste. First, the staff was incredible. They were all friendly, polite, and more than willing to help with any additional requests we had. The hotel is also steps away from the beach, which seems private and safe with hardly anyone else around except for hotel guests. It seems like there is also plenty to do around the hotel but honestly I didn't spend any time off the resort, there was plenty of things to do and ways to relax there. Water aerobics, bingo, and volleyball were some of my favorite activities! They were so fun; the staff even got involved and were hilarious, one of the winning prizes was a massage! The spa prices were also terribly reasonable and the food was amazing! The only minor concern I have is that the wifi was sometimes slow. However, the resort is in rural Costa Rica and it was a blessing to be detached from my phone for a relaxing week. Overall, I had a peaceful, rejuvenating week at the resort and I have no doubt that I will be back with my family soon.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Enelgee

We really appreciate that you took the time to write such a nice review of your stay at the Flamingo Beach Resort! Glad you enjoyed the poolside activities and also got a chance to try out our beautiful new OnZen Spa.. We certainly do hope that you will come back with your family for another visit in the near future, thank you for the vote of confidence!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This resort was more than accommodating. The staff and service were excellent the entire stay and the food was amazing! You cant beat the beach access and the views of sunset! Would recommend this place to anyone coming to Costa Rica.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Flamingo Beach Resort & Spa and for sharing your kind words. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and yes, our location is on one of the absolute nicest beaches in Costa Rica and the sunsets are just amazing!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa Flamingo
Occidental Tamarindo
Occidental Tamarindo
#1 of 1 in Playa Langosta
Hotel Riu Palace Costa Rica

Been to Flamingo Beach Resort And Spa? Share your experiences!