The hotel has 120 rooms on three levels. The first level is below grade. My entire family & I stayed here at the end of June. We had a family suite on the 2nd floor level (2212). The room had a tile floor, 2 double beds, a pull out sofa, refrigerator, microwave, a little kitchenette with a sink and 3 stools with a counter. There was a table with 2 chairs. The TV was about a 32 inch flat screen with cable –there were mostly Spanish channels but CNN, ESPN2, HBO, CBS, NBC & CNBC were in English. We had good water pressure in our room but another member of party on the 3rd floor had trouble with low water pressure. The room was clean. The towels were not very fluffy. The safe is free. We had air conditioning issues one night & they had to repair the compressor. We had to move to a different room for the night. It was no big deal & the a/c was fixed the next morning. We took the breakfast only option since there are some good restaurants (Marie's, Angelina’s, Coco Loco) in the area. The breakfast had eggs, sausage, plantains, rice & beans (of course!), pancakes, fruit, juice, cereal, and other local favorites. It was very good!
The hotel had a workout room with 3 treadmills, 3 ellipticals, 2 bikes, weight machines, weights, a balance ball, and mats. There is water in the exercise room. There was a game room with foosball and ping pong tables. There was also a pool table. The kids enjoyed the game room.
We had previously stayed at the Flamingo in March of 2012 during the dry season. I feared I made a mistake coming during the ‘green’ season because forecasts were for 60-80% chance of rain every day. However, the weather was great! We only had 2 showers for 15 minutes each! Some days were overcast but it was mostly sunny & humid. The sunsets were beautiful.
The concierge (Flori) was very helpful arranging tours and their prices were competitive with the guys hawking tours on the beach. I felt more comfortable using them (TAM tours) and paying $5 more per person.
Everyone in our party had a great time and I would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only resort located on one of Costa Rica's most famous blue-flag, ecologically protected beaches, this resort location is the perfect beachfront base from which to explore all of Costa Rica’s natural beauty and adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Flamingo Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Beach Resort And Spa
- Flamingo Beach Hotel Playa Flamingo
- Flamingo Beach Resort Costa Rica
- Flamingo Beach Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Playa Flamingo