“Falmingo Beach Resort is the best!”

Flamingo Beach Resort And Spa
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Playa Flamingo
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 13 July 2010

I've stayed at the Flamingo Beach Resort and Spa countless times and highly recommend it. The pool is a blast, the rooms are great, and the beach is only a few meters away.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nigecostarica
Write a ReviewReviews (2,167)

Reviewed 11 July 2010

I was there for four nights for diving and the dive shop and service is fantastic. Take the resort course if you need to and do it. As for the hotel, it is good looking but the rooms are in a horseshoe shape, with the rooms on the second and third floors looking in over the pool about $20 more, which is worth it. I had a lower garden view room which was directly behind the pool bar TV and speaker which blasted World Cup games and salsa music so loud I couldn't rest or watch TV in my room. Avoid these rooms when booking if possible. My view was of the back of the bar and some scaffolding. I was told by the day shift for two days I couldn't move, but that was questionable since the night manager moved me to a great room the second night for the rest of my stay. Give that man a raise (Pedro I think was his name) - he saved my vacation. Overall this is a good family place but I would recommend staying elsewhere for any solo traveler as Flamingo Beach is isolated and dead at night.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
4  Thank eh1777
Reviewed 1 July 2010

I miss Flamingo Beach Resort and Spa so much, I have a picture of the pool/hotel as my screen saver to remind me of what an amazing stay I had. I went with 5 girlfriends, and we had the time of our lives. Our rooms were quite nice, we each had a balcony and a gorgeous view of both the pool and the ocean. What made our stay most enjoyable was the staff. Big kudos to the bartenders and dining staff, to mention a few: Elias, Grievien, Glenda, Oscar and Raquel! All so accomodating, friendly and fun! My friends and I bought the all-inclusive package, and were very happy with the drinks and food. There were up-charges for some of the food items, however, the upcharges were very small ($2-$3 per item) and well worth it! I absolutely loved Chef David! His food was excellent. Fish dishes and soups were awesome. Most nights there was a food theme with specials offerred. The breakfast buffet was always delicious and you could also order off a menu for breakfast as well. You had the choice of eating at the upstairs bar, on a patio next to the ocean or inside the restaurant with air conditioning. The front desk staff was very responsive (accidently locked items in the safe and they were immediately on top of it). The staff that booked our excursions was very efficient and helped us find rides to wherever we wanted to go. The housekeeping staff was very friendly and courteous. I truly never encountered one person on staff that was not customer-service oriented. The excursions we went on (zipline, hot springs, boat ride to see animals) were all fun and memorable. All in all, it was an awesome vacation and without a doubt I would go back to the Flamingo to stay! Thank you to everyone at the Flamingo who made a very needed vacation the best. Love you all!!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
4  Thank jkmajade
Reviewed 29 June 2010

We stayed here during a dive trip to Costa Rica. We were there for a week, diving in the mornings and relaxing by the pool in the afternoons. Overall, we really liked the place.

The restaurant has great food and service and is actually cheaper than a lot of the nearby places. Our room was clean and comfortable. The balcony area was great for drying out wetsuits on our last day. The pool area was pleasant. Enough room for everyone.

The staff there are super nice and very accommodating.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2010

We stayed there in late May, and even though it unusually rained for 4 days we still had a great time.
The rooms are surprisingly large, comfortable and clean. No bugs at all in our room
The restaurant has a good selection of food, which is very tasty. We stayed all-inclusive, and while some foods do have an extra charge, there is easily enough choice without the upcharge.
The beach, while public, is very secluded and the pool is large and spacious. It was nice and calming to hear the waves crashing at night in our room.
We booked a couple tours through the hotel and everything went as planned. The prices were good. The zip-lining and hot springs tour was a lot of fun.
Above all the staff went above and beyond to help you out with anything you need.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GoldJerryGold
Reviewed 22 June 2010

The resort is the perfect destination for those seeking to combine sun and sand with low-impact travel. Situated alongside a sparkling Blue Flag-certified beach, it offers all the elements of a great sun-drenched resort – direct beach access, a relaxing pool area, tropical drinks made to order at a swim-up bar, coconut palm-lined gardens, etc.

In addition, it is being certified under the Costa Rican state sustainable tourism program, and clearly makes efforts to maintain high standards of eco-friendliness. During my stay, the hotel was undertaking a biological study of an adjacent mangrove (a great place for wildlife viewing), sourcing their gourmet food from local farmers and fishermen (and donating all of their kitchen waste to a nearby pig farmer), and fundraising for several local environmental and educational organizations. Recycling bins, low-flow showerheads, efficient lightbulbs, etc. are seen throughout the property, and many of the off-site tours are eco-tourism oriented.

Great vacation destination!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank aspitzig99
Reviewed 16 June 2010

We got married at the Flamingo Beach Resort in April 2010, and just had the best time. When we chose the resort, we were looking for somewhere with some Costa Rican flavor, but a place that wouldn't scare squeamish relatives -- basically, a place that had something for everyone, and would keep 40 very different people happy. Hotel Flamingo worked out to be a very good choice for that. We were all on the all-inclusive plan, which cut down on the logistics of having dinner with 40 people for five nights, but it also allowed everyone to order whatever they wanted off the menu (the ceviche and poolside snack/drinks were great!).

The hotel was good value, and the rooms were comfortable enough for all the guests. The location is great and the sunset views from the beach are SPECTACULAR! We booked tours through the hotel because it was so convenient. Booking them was simple, and the tours were great (though possibly a little pricier than some other places).

We had a fantastic experience with Juan Carlos, the wedding planner. He made everything very laid-back, but whenever unexpected problems came up (e.g. no bridesmaid flowers arrived on the day of the wedding!) he managed to get everything sorted out. We had a lot of big personalities there with us, but he kept everyone happy and made the wedding a beautiful, fun event. And of course, the upgrade to the wedding suite was a wonderful touch.

Flamingo Beach Resort is a relatively small hotel, so if you're coming as a medium-sized group (we were around 40), you'll be the majority tenants -- great for a wedding. That said, it may not be for everyone --this not an American luxury resort where everything runs 24/7, for example, they turn off the water every night for a few hours (at 12 a.m. or so), there is only 1 restaurant, the pool bar closes @ 10pm. Also things do get lost in translation, so be prepared to ask and ask again for the things that are important to you (speaking Spanish goes a long way too). Overall Hotel Flamingo was great and the staff were wonderfully flexible and extremely helpful--it was perfect for us and our wedding, and we and the guests had a great time. Pura vida!

• Stayed: April 2010
#1 of 1 in Playa Langosta
Hotel Riu Guanacaste
Hotel Riu Guanacaste
#1 of 1 in Playa Matapalo

Been to Flamingo Beach Resort And Spa? Share your experiences!