“This was one of the best vacations we have ever taken!”

Flamingo Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Playa Flamingo
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Miami, Florida
“This was one of the best vacations we have ever taken!”
Reviewed 14 July 2010

The Flamingo Beach Resort & Spa is a piece of paradise!! When we arrived, we were greeted by a friendly staff and delicious frozen drinks. Our reservations were handled to perfection. Then we observed the view from the lobby; it was breathtaking. A beautiful pool area, which led right to a clean, sandy beach and the pacific ocean. It was magnificent! Our rooms were clean and ready for us. The roar of the ocean from the balcony was wonderful. Everyone in the hotel was friendly and gracious. The spa here is fantastic. I tried a wide variety of services and LOVED every one of them. Very well trained and professional massage therapists. The food at the hotel was delicious, and the hotel is located within short walking distance of several other restaurants. We went on several excursions, ATV riding and sunset catamaran sail to name two, all arranged through the hotel. We had a great time with fabulous guides. The Flamingo Beach Resort & Spa is perfect for a family trip, a honeymoon trip, a couples trip and a destination wedding. It is really just perfect!!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Maya011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (599)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 14 July 2010

I spent 4 days at this hotel and had the best time!! They have great food, great drinks, great staff, great pool, great atmosphere. Everything you could ever want in a relaxing, yet adventuresome vacation. Centrally located. The beds were sooo comfortable! The whole hotel and rooms were very clean! They have a nice swim-up bar with TV's. The TV's came in handy because we were there during the World Cup. The beach is located right behind the pool. Local restaurants are right outside the hotel. They even have one of the best dive shops i have dove at. I have dove around the world and this shop was the most friendly, fun, and informative. Another great part about this hotel, is that they are very hands-on to saving the land and ocean around the hotel and town. I felt very safe in this town and hotel! Thank you Flamingo Beach Resort!! My boyfriend and I are definitely returning!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MKrutulis
san jose
Reviewed 13 July 2010

I've stayed at the Flamingo Beach Resort and Spa countless times and highly recommend it. The pool is a blast, the rooms are great, and the beach is only a few meters away.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nigecostarica
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 11 July 2010

I was there for four nights for diving and the dive shop and service is fantastic. Take the resort course if you need to and do it. As for the hotel, it is good looking but the rooms are in a horseshoe shape, with the rooms on the second and third floors looking in over the pool about $20 more, which is worth it. I had a lower garden view room which was directly behind the pool bar TV and speaker which blasted World Cup games and salsa music so loud I couldn't rest or watch TV in my room. Avoid these rooms when booking if possible. My view was of the back of the bar and some scaffolding. I was told by the day shift for two days I couldn't move, but that was questionable since the night manager moved me to a great room the second night for the rest of my stay. Give that man a raise (Pedro I think was his name) - he saved my vacation. Overall this is a good family place but I would recommend staying elsewhere for any solo traveler as Flamingo Beach is isolated and dead at night.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
4 Thank eh1777
Wheeling, Illinois
Reviewed 1 July 2010

I miss Flamingo Beach Resort and Spa so much, I have a picture of the pool/hotel as my screen saver to remind me of what an amazing stay I had. I went with 5 girlfriends, and we had the time of our lives. Our rooms were quite nice, we each had a balcony and a gorgeous view of both the pool and the ocean. What made our stay most enjoyable was the staff. Big kudos to the bartenders and dining staff, to mention a few: Elias, Grievien, Glenda, Oscar and Raquel! All so accomodating, friendly and fun! My friends and I bought the all-inclusive package, and were very happy with the drinks and food. There were up-charges for some of the food items, however, the upcharges were very small ($2-$3 per item) and well worth it! I absolutely loved Chef David! His food was excellent. Fish dishes and soups were awesome. Most nights there was a food theme with specials offerred. The breakfast buffet was always delicious and you could also order off a menu for breakfast as well. You had the choice of eating at the upstairs bar, on a patio next to the ocean or inside the restaurant with air conditioning. The front desk staff was very responsive (accidently locked items in the safe and they were immediately on top of it). The staff that booked our excursions was very efficient and helped us find rides to wherever we wanted to go. The housekeeping staff was very friendly and courteous. I truly never encountered one person on staff that was not customer-service oriented. The excursions we went on (zipline, hot springs, boat ride to see animals) were all fun and memorable. All in all, it was an awesome vacation and without a doubt I would go back to the Flamingo to stay! Thank you to everyone at the Flamingo who made a very needed vacation the best. Love you all!!!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
4 Thank jkmajade
New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 June 2010

We stayed here during a dive trip to Costa Rica. We were there for a week, diving in the mornings and relaxing by the pool in the afternoons. Overall, we really liked the place.

The restaurant has great food and service and is actually cheaper than a lot of the nearby places. Our room was clean and comfortable. The balcony area was great for drying out wetsuits on our last day. The pool area was pleasant. Enough room for everyone.

The staff there are super nice and very accommodating.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Toronto
Reviewed 24 June 2010

We stayed there in late May, and even though it unusually rained for 4 days we still had a great time.
The rooms are surprisingly large, comfortable and clean. No bugs at all in our room
The restaurant has a good selection of food, which is very tasty. We stayed all-inclusive, and while some foods do have an extra charge, there is easily enough choice without the upcharge.
The beach, while public, is very secluded and the pool is large and spacious. It was nice and calming to hear the waves crashing at night in our room.
We booked a couple tours through the hotel and everything went as planned. The prices were good. The zip-lining and hot springs tour was a lot of fun.
Above all the staff went above and beyond to help you out with anything you need.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Playa Matapalo
Occidental Tamarindo
Occidental Tamarindo
#1 of 1 in Playa Langosta

Been to Flamingo Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!