My three sisters and I stayed in two rooms during part of our trip to Costa Rica. The public areas, especially, are lovely and the hotel's proximity to the beach can't be beat. The rooms themselves were normal hotel rooms--nothing special, but fine. Our rooms had big balconies, but no view. (We chose not to upgrade to a better view, because we spend very little time in the rooms.)
We were part of a plan that included many meals, and we were impressed by the quality of the food and beverages. We especially liked having lunch brought to us at the swim-up bar by the pool.
There's a small casino at the hotel, but it won't satisfy if you're much of a gambler.
This is clearly a "kid friendly" place, and we saw lots of families with children.
My one disappointment is the $10.00 per hour charge for Internet. Instead of paying, we walked half a block to Marie's restaurant (which has very good food) and used their free wifi.
All-in-all, I recommend this hotel if you're staying at Flamingo Beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only resort located on one of Costa Rica's most famous blue-flag, ecologically protected beaches, this resort location is the perfect beachfront base from which to explore all of Costa Rica’s natural beauty and adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Flamingo Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Beach Resort And Spa
- Flamingo Beach Hotel Playa Flamingo
- Flamingo Beach Resort Costa Rica
- Flamingo Beach Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Playa Flamingo