“The Best on tours”

Los Piratas de Flamingo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

100%full tour the best we recommended book with them save money is fully insured,organization guided the best.they know what is for the best tour is fun.

1  Thank Ticodundee
in 10 reviews
"transportation"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Easy, great prices, professional. Richard speaks english which is very helpful. Ivan from Tamarindo Dreamers Adventure was awesome!! Clean, comfortable vans. Would definately use again.

2  Thank michelle w
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Los Piratas are set up just outside of the Flamingo Beach Resort. They are basically middlemen offering a bunch of tours at a lower price than the hotel offers. Also, notably, we paid less for our tour AND it was private, on our schedule, unlike the hotel's option. We met Minor who was super nice and helpful in giving us advice on what tour to choose. We only booked one tour with them, and the transfer back to the airport, but would have booked more if we had enough time. He put us on a private tour with Rigo Suave (yes, that's his name, even got a biz card...see separate review) to do the Palo Verde boat tour. Rigo was awesome, gave us a great adventure, very knowledgeable about the area and stopped multiple times on the way there and back to show us sights and give information. Minor was a really nice guy and we hung out with him and chatted with him quite a bit, he loaned us his boogie boards and even taught my hubby and son how to fish with just a spool of line and some bait! I would absolutely recommend him for booking any tours...support the locals!

1  Thank hlcctravelgrrl
Reviewed 10 March 2014

After reading reviews about Los Pirates I knew my bf and I had to find them. We arrived to Playa Flamingo late night so the next morning we set out to find them, sure enough they were just outside the hotel. We were able to negotiate prices with him WAY lower then the hotel! We booked a horse back riding tour and half day fishing trip. 5 stars mostly for horse back tour.....3 for fishing

Horse Back Riding:
Private tour which started at the horse owners family home where they prepared coffee, cheese and homemade tortillas for us, great way to start a tour! After our little snack we mounted our horses and set off through the local town, where we stopped along the way to learn about the local trees, fruit and history of Guanacaste. I forgot the gentleman's name but he offered to hold our camera the whole ride and snap pics, he takes awesome candids! Half way through the tour he asked if we wanted to continue or stop at his aunts home for a bathroom break and drink, we stopped had a bathroom break and had some beers, and got to see a real costa rican home again. After our pit stop we ventured to Playa Brasilitto, such a beautiful beach! Once we got to Brasillito our ride was waiting to pick us up with bottles of water and cold scented towels! Amazing!!

Half Day Fishing:
Again a private excursion. We were told to be outside of our hotel at 6:45 and right at 6:45 our captain was there. We took a short walk to the boat and started right at 7am. It was a beautiful morning so I enjoyed the boat ride while my bf attempted to catch some fish. He was kind of disappointed because the only "trolled" for the whole 3 hours and they didn't use real bait. When he asked why they didn't use real bait they said because there wasn't any...what? I did enjoy seeing dolphins and flipping stingrays. He did end up catching one black tuna which was a nice size and really delicious! We took it to Camaron Dorado and they grilled it up for us.

1  Thank Natasha T
See more reviews
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Conveniently located just outside of Flamingo Beach Resort, Los Piratas offered our family of 4 the opportunity to book a variety of wonderful tours, including canopy zip-lining tours at Hacienda El Roble, snorkeling at Pacific Coast Dive Center, a river tour where we got to see tons of wildlife with Palo Verde Boat Tours in Palo Verde National Park, and horseback riding on the beach from the hotel to Playa Conchal which ended in Brasilito.
Douglas, who booked our tours for us is very friendly and charismatic and we found ourselves chatting with him every day whether we were booking a tour or not. He even came to the hotel to greet us before our beach ride even though it was New Years Day and his day off!
My personal favourite was zip-lining, and I would highly recommend it! There was even a 3 year old in our group that did it! If you are nervous or afraid of heights the guides will even go across the zip-lines with you. My only issues with the other tours were the distance to Palo Verde (2 hours there and 3.5hrs back – our taxi got lost) in a very small car, and the condition of the horses on our beach ride, their hips were jutting out and they seemed overworked and underfed, although the ride itself is beautiful and the guide was fantastic.
If I am ever back in the Playa Flamingo area I will definitely book my tours through Douglas and Los Piratas de Flamingo!