I struggled with whether to writing a candid review about this hotel, because it may hurt their business, but I wouldn't want anyone else to be drawn in by the wonderful web photos they provide and then have to spend valuable vacation time at this rundown resort.
My daughter and I wanted to end our two week vacation at a nice relaxing beach hotel. When we arrived, the driveway was so neglected with pealing paint on the brick walls, weeds growing through concrete and decayed plant debris in the ditches. It was so neglected that we thought the hotel was abandoned! We were the only two guest for the three days of our stay. Since the access to the hotel's beach was closed due to dilapidated stairs, we spent the majority of our time at the beach on the opposite side of the peninsula.
When we entered the enormous foyer we were instantly drawn to the spectacular view of the ocean and distant islands. The manager was friendly and generously offered to carry our bags to our room.
The room was very basic with another spectacular view. The room was clean, no complaints there. Mattresses were very hard with equally hard pillows. Since I prefer a firm mattress it wasn't a problem for me, but my daughter's back bothered her after one night.
The towels felt like they had been starched. The shower was dreadful with water spraying everywhere.
The property was so neglected with iguana feces on the pool deck that remained for there for the three days of our stay. The lawn surrounding the pool hadn't been tended to in a very long time. The pool had dead crabs on the bottom and leaves floating all over the surface.
The complimentary breakfast was very basic and served one item at a time as we asked for them. The coffee was the worst I tasted during our two week stay in Costa Rica. My daughter got food poisoning and spent two days vomiting with severe diarrhea. In an effort to obtain a glass of cold water for her, I entered the kitchen where I thought I heard a voice, only to discover no one around and the condition in a deplorable state.
On a positive note, the manager's wife was very helpful in getting us an Interbus for an earlier departure without additional fees. The bartender/waiter, was a very kind and thoughtful man with a wonderful personality. His skills are truly wasted at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Flamingo Beach is an Ocean Front Hotel in exclusive Playa Flamingo. In addition to sporting its own privately accessed beach.Paradise Flamingo Beach Hotel is close to Conchal Beach, and Penca Beach and only a short distance from Tamarindo Beach and Hermosa Bay Beach. Paradise Flamingo Beach Hotel also features multiple dining venues, the best of indoor and outdoor dining, ample meeting and banquet space, multiple bars including a wet bar and spacious Ocean Front terraces. Weddings, events, family trips... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotel.de and Hotels.com so you can book your Paradise Flamingo Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Estela De Fuego Hotel Playa Flamingo
- Paradise Flamingo Beach Costa Rica/Playa Flamingo