BP Surf Hotel
Playa Grande Park Hotel and Villas(Playa Grande)(Great Value!)
US$93
Hotel Cantarana(Playa Grande)(Great Value!)
US$89
Hotel Bula Bula(Playa Grande)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$109
Hotel RipJack Inn(Playa Grande)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$99
La Marejada Hotel(Playa Grande)(Great Value!)
US$73
Pueblo Dorado Surf Hotel(Tamarindo)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$51
Hotel La Laguna del cocodrilo(Tamarindo)(Great Value!)
US$46
US$42
Best Western Tamarindo Vista Villas(Tamarindo)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$47
Hotel Tamarindo Diria(Tamarindo)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$177
Bookit.com
Hotel Las Tortugas(Playa Grande)
All reviewsgreat locationcosta ricalaid backpetecustombedroomfurniturepropertypoolsurfownerbeachpathtamarindo
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Great place to sleep, small but nice, super clean, family that owns it is great!

If you like surfing and the beautiful beach from Playa Grande this is probable the best buy you can find good price and you have a kitchen in your room.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dampez
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Stayed at the BP Suf Hotel in Playa Grande Costa Rica for the past two weeks. It is a very small 4 bedroom boutique hotel with a quaint charm and is always kept incredibly clean. The room was EXCELLENT (cooking, fridge, A/C, TV and GREAT shower). I always felt safe and one of the best parts of my stay was getting to know, and spending time with the owners Pete and Joslyn and their two young boys Ron and Brad. They were wonderful hosts and were always at the ready to assist with any inquiries.

I will definitely return!
Mark

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Mark Y
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Having been travelling for six months so far, I dreamed of having my own little place with a kitchen so that my husband and I could eat healthily every day. We have found this at BP Surf Hotel, and for a very reasonable price. There is everything we need for cooking, including a full-size fridge/freezer, but there are some restaurants nearby if we feel like letting someone else do the work.

Our room ticks every box - it is immaculately clean; well-appointed with good lighting and plenty of power sockets; it is serviced every day; there is plenty of hot water; there is a private patio with dining table and two good-quality chairs for lounging, including footstools; and there is a small pool that is just right for cooling off. There is also wi-fi.

There are just four rooms, so it is a peaceful place to relax. I am so pleased we have booked a week here, as I know I would not have been ready to leave after just a couple of nights. The unspoilt beach is less than five minutes away and Playa Grande is not over-developed at present. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel - the only problem is having to leave!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 3, which has been perfect; we look directly on to the pool.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Beverley M
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We visited BP Surf about 6 weeks ago and we will definitely come back soon. We (my wife, 3 years old son and even Lemmy our Bull Terrier) found a very comfortable, relaxing, clean and very affordable place, 100% recommended to anyone who wants to visit Playa Grande and feel just like at home. Pete and the rest of the staff (cleaning lady and maintenance guy) were the perfect hosts, always with a big smile on their faces.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 December 2013

This was our fist time in Costa Rica, so I took some advise from my uncle who lives in Playa Grande and stayed at "B P Surf Hotel." All I can say is "Wow!" We were given fist class treatment. The place was beautiful and clean and only steps to the beach. The beach was clean and the waves were perfect. The cool thing about Playa Grande is that it's a small beach community with just locals and sufers. I recommend this place to anyone who wants a slower pace to relax. Tamarendo is cool, but more of a party place for tourist. I am already preparing to go back next year! Pura Vida my friends!

Room Tip: All room have been upgraded and are great!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family