“Best place to stay in Playa Grande”

Apartamentos Veranera
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Playa Grande
Apartamentos Veranera
Reviewed 20 November 2011

I've been traveling to the Tamarindo/ Playa Grande area for the past 7 years and Apartamentos Veranera is my favorite place to stay. If you are interested in experiencing the Costa Rica nightlife then it might not be ideal, but if you are looking for peace, tranquility and great surfing then this is by far the best option. I've viewed and stayed at other hotels and apartments in Playa Grande and nothing compares. The owners are great, very well organized and responsive to guest needs. I think the prices are fair and the best value in town. The apartments themselves have everything you need and are very thoughtfully organized-- including large closet areas, safe deposit boxes, great private porch areas, fully equipped kitchens, laundry and hot water that never runs out. If that's not enough, the location is absolutely perfect, an easy 2 minute walk to the main surf break in Playa Grande- which is one of the best and most consistent in the Guanacaste region. I've stayed in Apartamentos Veranera for months at a time and I can honestly say I have no complaints. Even though I'm tempted to try and keep this place a secret, I enjoy staying here so much that I had to post a review.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ksurfista

Reviewed 22 March 2011

I've always wanted to check out Costa Rica, do some surfing, and just relax. I wanted to to go somewhere bucolic, and mellow, and yet close to nightlife, and with access to hiking, zip-lining, and other activities...I found exactly what I was looking for in Playa Grande...it's like this the world unto itself, everyone knows everyone; I felt as though I was invited into a family's private lil village ! I chose Apartamentos Veranera to stay at after speaking with Dana over the phone...she was so warm, so candid, and engaging, I was sold ! While enjoyed my accommodations, in truth, it was my hosts that made my stay most memorable and delicious ! This place is run by a young couple, Bruce and Dana, and they were just so gracious, and frankly, fun ! Upon meeting them, I immediately felt like I was simply part of their family, their circle, their world down there...it's as if they were old friends...well, now they are new friends ! Their hospitality, their, service, and their love of the life they have created for themselves down there, is infectious, and exceeded my expectations ! B&D ! I shall return !

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed 8 March 2011

Stayed in the apt for a month- couldn't have been more perfect! 2 minute walk from the beautiful beach, restaurants, and surf shops. The apt was more than a place to stay in- it was like a second home. Fully equipped kitchen, terrace with a gorgeous view, and a privacy that you will not find in a hotel room made the stay super enjoyable! Owners are very nice and prompt to help with any questions/concerns you may have. Highly reccomend it for families, couples, or solo travelers!.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed 7 March 2011

We had such a great experience during our time here. The location was amazing, and the owners really made our time here feel like we were at a second home. The apartments themselves are efficient and comfortable, and for the price you just cant beat them. I would never ever pay the extra $$ and stay in a hotel, when I could just rent these fully furnished apartments for a better price!~ Anyone thinking of spending more than a few days in Grande should really just give them a call and stop looking for lodging, this is the only place to stay. The location is just perfect too, nothing like waking up, grabbing surfboard and walking a few minutes right to the main break! Unbeatable!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2011

A great stay. Very clean, perfectly located and the pizza next door was amazing. If you want a clean apartment seconds from the ocean, you can do no better. The owners are delightful.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 March 2011

Apartamentos Veranera are located in the middle of the beautiful nature withinwalking distance to the beach. They are nice, clean and homy. We love that place and hope that we will go back soon!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 March 2011

My husband and I have been staying at Apartamentos Veranera the past 4 years for are vacations in Costa Rica. The apartments have everything you need for a quiet and comfortable stay in Playa Grande. One of my favorite things about the apartment is the great outdoor living space. We spend the majority of our time on the terrace where we are surrounded by beautiful plants, flowers, and hummingbirds. The apartments are cleaned weekly and they have nightly security from dusk to dawn. Another great feature is that there is an onsite washer and dryer which is great wether you are staying a week or a month. The owners are always available to help you with anything you may need. The apartments are walking distance to the beach, restaurants, shops, and bars. Honestly we wouldn't stay anywhere else. Apartamentos Veranera will truly feel like your home away from home!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple