“Fantastic vacation!”

Apartamentos Veranera
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Playa Grande
Apartamentos Veranera
Reviewed 8 January 2013

This was my first time to Costa Rica and I couldn't have enjoyed it more. I decided on Apartamentos Veranera from the reviews I read and the location to the beach and I was not let down.
The booking process was incredibly easy, Kimberly the owner was very helpful and answered all my questions before I arrived. Justen their property manager greeted me upon arrival and took great care of me while I was there. He also runs a near by hotel PGI so it is always easy to find him if needed and the apartments have phones in them as well so he was also just a phone call away. He has lived in the area for many years and was extremely helpful. He helped me book me surfing lessons, a trip to go zip lining and even a massage.
I really liked staying at an apartment vs a hotel as I had a full kitchen to cook in and didn't always have to go out. But when I did, there was great food just steps away. I really liked the Marbar- you have to try there fish tacos and Ripjack for sushi, tell Fern I said hello! In the morning I would stop by PGI and see Lynn at RAW and have a fresh pressed juice or smoothie, perfect way to start my day.
The apartment was very comfortable and clean. The outside patio was lovely as I could sit and watch the sunset or listen to the howler monkeys. The bathroom was spacious and had lots of hot water and great pressure, something I heard you don't always find.
I would highly recommend and am already planning a trip back next year.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 8 January 2013

I had an incredible time at Apartamentos Veranera in Playa Grande and will definitely stay there again on my next trip down to PG. Here is an overview of why Apartamentos Veranera and Playa Grande are the right choice for you.

Location: Perfect location, a true 5 minute walk to the beach (you could sprint there in a minute) and a one minute walk to get to the wonderful local restaurants/bars.

Residences: Set on an immaculately kept property, with tons of beautiful foliage, you will feel at home in paradise upon first entering the property. I stayed in a one bedroom apartment, which had a lot of space, good air conditioning, a full kitchen, great shower with hot water (sometimes in Playa Grande places lack hot water and I was extremely happy with the water condition), a gorgeous balcony with picturesque views of the surrounding area that perfectly captures the sunset and a TV that I didn’t use because I was in paradise. Everything was extremely clean and worked, which doesn’t always happen in Costa Rica. Just 10 minutes at the apartamentos and all of the stress I came with from NY dissipated away. I don’t recall a place I have stayed where I felt so relaxed, at home and in such a zen state. The only downside (to some), if I have to mention any, is that sometimes people can be woken up by the howler monkeys, but I thought it was pretty cool that I was able to interact with one from my balcony. You also get to see lots of unique birds and various lizards/iguanas.

Service/Management: From day one of attempting to set up my reservation (and ask 1001 annoying pestering questions) the owners of the property, Manny and Kim, as well as the property manager, Justin were impeccable! There was nothing that they didn’t do. To begin with, they arranged for my pick up from the airport, at rates below the cabs at Liberia Airport. Whether I wanted to go surfing, watch turtles drop off eggs at the beach, go zip-lining, or anything, all 3 jumped in to help at all stages. From the moment you first speak with them, they treat you like family (the good type of family, not like a mother-in-law you hate) and want to ensure you have the best time possible. The customer service was completely first rate. This is coming from someone who consistently stays at 4 star hotels and always finds something to complain about. At the end of the day, they are great people enjoying the little slice of paradise called Playa Grande and wanting to ensure everyone has the same experience. They all went above and beyond the call of duty.

Playa Grande: I personally love Playa Grande as a peaceful break from NYC. If you are looking to relax, surf, eat well and enjoy nature and animal life, while meeting great people along the way, this is the place for you. Also, it is a great place to go with a group of friends looking to reconnect or get away together. It is not a party town, so don’t expect late nights, but we could all use a break from that at some point. Some last tips if you go. Make sure you go to Marbar and order the ceviche and tuna tacos, and go to PGI for their weekly barbecue and poker night, and lastly have some great sushi at Rip Jack Inn.

In conclusion, I loved staying at Apartamentos Veranera for so many reasons that I have likely forgotten a few, but if you go, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank JordanKovler
Reviewed 28 December 2012

We booked a one bedroom apartment based on the reviews here for the week from Christmas to New Years. Booking was easy, and the price was right. The best thing about the apartment is its proximity to a fabulous beach, a few restaurants, and lots of peace and quiet. The apartment itself, however, is just so-so. The furniture is somewhat uncomfortable and we've had both a sink and a toilet clog. We were also greeted upon our arrival by a very large spider in the sink that prompted my husband to purchase Raid at the supermarket. We were given bath and hand towels but none for the beach, so we bought some at the supermarket for ourselves. There is weekly maid service and laundry is available, but basic information such as this has been hard to come by and we have had to phone the local manager several times to find out things such as when trash would be removed. Overall I think this is a great location but I've been frustrated because it doesn't have the service of a hotel (which I didn't expect in an apartment rental) but there hasn't been enough information provided for the level of independence that staying here requires. If you stay here, get information on cleaning schedule, trash, laundry, etc. BEFORE you arrive.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AlisonEve
Reviewed 30 November 2011

I stayed in Bruce and Dana's one bedroom apartment upstairs with my dog when i first moved to Playa Grande during July, August and September. I have fond memories of sitting out on the balcony sometimes watching the rains, sometimes enjoying the fireflies and sometimes just surfing the internet on my laptop enjoying a glass of wine. This place is lovely. It's clean, well designed, spacious, comfortable and quiet. I loved being close enough to what I call "restaurant row", as well as, skipping distance to the beach to surf. And here's a special treat: there are papayas growing right outside the door! Yep, it's paradise. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 November 2011

My wife and I have stayed in a few different places throughout Costa Rica but this was by far the best. Bruce and Dana were excellent hosts. We stayed there for 3 months and were taken care of the whole time. If there were ever any problems or questions, they were always there for help. Bruce was always available to give us rides to and from the airport and even took us to the local grocery store when needed.
Playa Grande was a great little town. The apartments were centrally located to the beach, eating and the best local surf shop (Frijoles Locos) When we arrived we bought some cheap bikes in the nearest tourist town, Tamarindo and that helped us get around a little easier.
I would certainly recommend staying at Apartamentos Veranera.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
dancacz, Owner at Apartamentos Veranera, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2011

Thank you! Hope to see you back one day with your new baby :)

Reviewed 20 November 2011

My son and I travel a lot and this was one of our favorite places. We are already planning to return next year. The apartments look even better in person then on-line. Very clean and walking distance to beautiful beach and local restaurants. I was very pleased to have high speed wireless internet connection that was working properly. The owners, Bruce and Dana, were very helpful with tips on exploring the area and country, recommending great eats and even some surfing lessons. Highly recommend this family friendly place.

Room Tip: Any room is great, there are only four apartments, views are the same from all of them, it's a s...
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 November 2011

I've been traveling to the Tamarindo/ Playa Grande area for the past 7 years and Apartamentos Veranera is my favorite place to stay. If you are interested in experiencing the Costa Rica nightlife then it might not be ideal, but if you are looking for peace, tranquility and great surfing then this is by far the best option. I've viewed and stayed at other hotels and apartments in Playa Grande and nothing compares. The owners are great, very well organized and responsive to guest needs. I think the prices are fair and the best value in town. The apartments themselves have everything you need and are very thoughtfully organized-- including large closet areas, safe deposit boxes, great private porch areas, fully equipped kitchens, laundry and hot water that never runs out. If that's not enough, the location is absolutely perfect, an easy 2 minute walk to the main surf break in Playa Grande- which is one of the best and most consistent in the Guanacaste region. I've stayed in Apartamentos Veranera for months at a time and I can honestly say I have no complaints. Even though I'm tempted to try and keep this place a secret, I enjoy staying here so much that I had to post a review.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple