Papagayo Gulf Sport Fishing - North Pacific Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Fishing in Costa Rica is a family fun experience – memories to last a lifetime! North Pacific Tours has been providing fishing, snorkeling and surfing charters for over 10 years in the Papagayo Gulf, picking up at all the local hotels and beaches in the area. We are a legal and insured fishing company who will never sell charters on any of the beaches. . Please note, there are TWO Playa Hermosa’s. North Pacific Tours is located in province of Guanacaste, 25 minutes from the Liberia airport Our fishing charters are inshore / coastal fishing which means that you will always see the coastline. Depending on the action will determine what fish you target. The types of fishing options we are are bottom/jigging, trolling and casting. If you like to fly fish and you have your own gear, the crew will take you to best secret spots. North Pacific Tours offers full day fishing (8 hours), Half days (5 hours) and 3/4 day (6 hours). Please book in advance because we book up! Our crew are exceptional fisherman and are professionals. Captain Mauricio, fluent in English, is a fishing addict and you will find him fishing on his day off. Mate and surf guide David, has been fishing/ surfing these waters for many years as well. Costa Rica is known worldwide as one of the greatest sport fishing/surfing destination plus the weather is great almost all year round. For the intermediate and experienced surfer, trips to Witches Rock and Ollie's are offered with a guide. We look forward to hearing from you.
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Been fishing with Capt. Daniel and Maurico for the last few years. They never disappoint! These two helped me land my first rooster fish a few years back. NPT are the first people I get in touch with when I book my trip to guanacaste. Lisa is phenomenal with communication and goes out of her way to make sure everything goes smooth. Capt. Daniel and Maurico are professionals, know the waters and fishing patterns. Give them a try! You won't be disappointed

NorthPacificTours, Owner at Papagayo Gulf Sport Fishing - North Pacific Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

First, Daniel, Mauricio and I would like to thank you and your brother for your continued use of our services for your fishing trips here in the Papagayo Gulf. You have been out fishing with us at least six times which I think says a lot of how we run things. We hope to see you again in 2014 - I know Mauricio is looking forward to fishing with you both again. Enjoy the rest of the year and don't stop fishing. Pura Vida - NPT

Reviewed 8 October 2013

My husband and I went for a full day Offshore Fishing trip with Mauricio and Daniel on my first fishing trip and one of many for him.

After bait fishing, they picked us up at 7am on the Hilton Papagayo beach in their 30ft fishing boat. It took about 45 minutes to our first fishing spot and 10 minutes after the 4 lines were dropped my husband caught a 20lb Mahi Mahi, followed throughout the day by a dozen more fish, including: 60lb Amber Jack, several 40lb Wahoo, about 1/2 dozen more Mahi Mahi, and even 2 Tunas on one lure. I even caught my first fish - Mahi Mahi. We didn't get any hits from Swordfish but we did see a couple jump.

Throughout the day the crew focused on our having a great day. From cleaning fish, cutting fresh pineapple, making fresh sandwiches for lunch with the bread they had picked up at a local bakery that morning, taking lots of pictures and videos for us, to treating us like old friends.

My husband likes to fish. I really thought I was going to endure the day so he could have some fun, but I had so much fun. This was the best day we had during our week in Costa Rica.

Thank you Robin for that fabulous review. I am really pleased you had a wonderful day out fishing with your husband and that the mate, Mauricio, made sure you were both comfortable and happy. It also helps that the fishing was excellent which has been the case this rainy season. We do hope you both come back and that we'll see you again in Costa Rica. It was our pleasure to have you out on the Don Manuel. Pura Vida!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Lisa provided awesome hospitality with ensure our snorkeling excursion happened! Thanks for making our family adventures awesome!

NorthPacificTours, Owner at Papagayo Gulf Sport Fishing - North Pacific Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

It was very nice meeting you and we are so happy you enjoyed the snorkeling tour. We strive to provide good customer service to all our clients so that they have an exciting experience out on the water. We hope you'll be back - Pura Vida!

Reviewed 27 August 2013

My wife and I went out for a full day fishing from the Hilton Papagayo resort and we had a terrific day with Mauricio and Daniel. They picked us up promptly from the beach after they caught some baitfish, then we headed out to a few spots around the ocean. It was a little slow and sadly we didn't have any sailfish bites, but we still pulled in some mahi mahi and a monster roosterfish. Lots of other nibbles and bites, but nothing else was too notable. I would, and will, definitely go out with Mauricio and Daniel again! Booking with Lisa was also very easy and she put my mind at ease!

A day out on the water is a good day, and even better when you get some Dorado. Thank you for your review and I will be sure to let the guys know that you had a good day out with them. It was pleasure assisting you in planning your fishing trip with us. Pura Vida!

Reviewed 26 July 2013

We took a morning fishing trip and the two guys that ran the boat were great! The knew the waters well and when a dial fish showed up they patiently trolled the waters until this beauty too the bait and we were able to reel it in! We also caught Bonita Fish which we then took to ne of the restaurants neat the beach when we got back and they cooked it up for us. Just a GREAT day!

NorthPacificTours, Owner at Papagayo Gulf Sport Fishing - North Pacific Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2013

We appreciate you took the time to write us up a great review and will relay your comments. I uploaded the photo of your sail fish and made it our primary photo - its a beauty, thanks for sending them. We look forward to having you out fishing again when you return to your new home away from home. Pura Vida!