“We might not leave the next time we visit!”
Review of Papagayo Village

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Playa Hermosa
Papagayo Village
Reviewed 24 June 2011

My fiance and I spent eight days at Papagayo Village and loved every moment. Allen one of the owners of this beautiful quaint resort lives on site and takes great pride in the upkeep and maintenance of the lovely grounds, pool and individual villas. The villa we stayed in had a full kitchen, washing machine, living room area with a TV ( that we never once turned on) AC and a great covered patio with a table, chairs and my favorite feature a hammock!
The beach is a short walk away as is a grocery store and several restaurants. For night life Playa Coco is a quick taxi ride away and has everything from sports bars to dance till you drop nightclubs as well as many small and interesting shops. Allen is a great resource to help you plan or decide what activities you want to enjoy and can help book your adventures. We went deep sea fishing, Zip lining, horseback riding, enjoyed a river trip where we saw croc's,colorful birds and monkeys, went snorkeling, rock wall climbing, rode over some crazy rapids on inner tubes, hiked to a beautiful waterfall and were the only ones there the whole time. Oh and after the hike we restored our tired bodies in thermal hot springs and a mud bath. The beaches were beautiful and the scenery lush and exotic. We are tempted to change our wedding day ideas and return to Playa Hermosa to exchange our vows, Allen can even handle that as he has married many couples through the years as a minister back in the United States as well as in Costa Rica. Great spot for couples, families or group vacations.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank TexasVinoMan

Reviewed 6 May 2011

The villas are charming, clean and comfortable. The lush surroundings just make you want to put away that cell phone and computer, turn off the television and just sit back and enjoy the beauty of nature, the wam, wonderful weather and the comfortable accommodations. There is even maid service!!! What a great place to relax, rejuvenate and rejoice.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank nnorman15
Reviewed 16 April 2011

These well stocked, cozy villas will make you feel just like home, only with maid service! Excellent wi-fi. You can enjoy quiet relaxing times by the pool or travel by car to towns close by. Many activities in the area will keep you entertained if that is what you are looking for. We enjoyed early morning walks to Playa Hermosa and watching the monkeys on the utility lines along the way. The on-site owners are what makes this place feel so peaceful! The small airport at Liberia is a quick in & out.

Don't miss your chance to stay at Payagayo! Why not book something today?

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank whynotvacation
allencostarica, Owner at Papagayo Village, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2011

It was so much fun having you two visit the Village. I look forward to your next sojourn to Costa Rica. Thanks for the review and keep the pura vida!

Reviewed 12 April 2011

Papagayo Village is a quaint and quiet retreat with a very friendly staff and a very personable caretaker.
I loved to setting, but most of all I loved the price. Papagayo Village is probably the most affordable resort in Costa Rica.
Allen is a friendly caretaker who fully enjoys interacting with his guests. Most of the units have kitchen facilities, and all are air conditioned... I prefered letting the outside air in with the A/C off. Melodious birds and the occasional Howler Monkee could be heard through the night. This was very pleasant.
I am going back with family, and I would recommend Papagayo Village to my friends.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank stargazer413
allencostarica, Owner at Papagayo Village, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2011

Thanks Les, I appreciate the nice words. I look forward to having you back at the Village!

Reviewed 12 April 2011

This is a great place to come to relax and get away from the hustle and bustle of life. You can eat in or go out. Stay by the pool or walk to the beach. Something for everyone. The grounds are beautiful. While there we walked to a nearby restaurant and saw a baby Howler Monkey, he was so cute. We even got photos of him sitting on my head.

This would be a great place to have a group come and have your own space or share.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MimiDebbie
Reviewed 12 April 2011

This is a great place to go and relax in Playa Hermosa, Guanacaste, Costa Rica. Owner and staff very nice. Cabins very comfortable. good place to relax. Beach is close by. I recommend it.

Review by Gary Lindquist

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank garylind
Reviewed 5 April 2011

My wife and I spent two weeks at the village in early February. We had never been to Costa Rica before and were totally blown away by the scenery and the people. The Village is a garden oasis made up of one and two bedroom villas in a gated community. Most have kitchenettes and there is a central pool. All have Lani's with comfortable hammicks. There is an outdoor BBQ that rivals the one I have at home. Beach is a quick 10 min. walk, grocery with Liquor store is only 5 mins. away . There are numerous restaurants with in walking distance and a Sports Bar next door which has a free phone to call home policy. The real beauty here is how peaceful the area is and how friendly the people are. They really go out of there way to make you feel at home. One of the owners, Allen lives on site and will pick you up from the airport and drop you off when its time to leave. He is a very personable guy who I now call a friend. His knowledge of the area and its people make the visit quite an adventure. He is the best tour guide one could ever hope for. His excitement at showing people the area, makes you feel like he is seeing it for the first time. My wife and I will definitely be going back there next year, or sooner if we win the lottery.

Jan and Don

Room Tip: Discounted prices for extended stays