This hotel had great customer service, but was definitely very quiet and slow during our visit. I believe we may have been their only guest as we did not see anyone else on the property the 3 nights we stayed there except the staff/owners. Regardless, they took great care of us!
The first night we stayed in a Standard room at the back of the property. Room was OK, a little on the dirty side and also did not have WIFI. The property has WIFI but since it's located by the front desk, the rooms are too far to get any signal.
However, due to the recent earthquake off the coast of Costa Rica (9/5/12), a window in our room broke the second day we were there so they moved us to villa at the front of the property and we stayed there for the remainder (2 nights). This worked out great! Villas are very spacious, had a nicer bathroom and the WIFI worked! So glad we were upgraded/moved, it really made a huge difference! I suggest going for a Villa if you can. I know it costs more, but worth it seeing that their rooms are quite affordable to begin with especially during "green" season.
Breakfast was delicious. Choice of American or Local (Typico/Tico)! Husband and I had the local option every morning! Freshly cooked!
Only major disappointment was the beach right by the hotel, Playa Hermosa. Playa Hermosa had such great reviews but I did not care for it. Let's just say we spent an hour on that beach the day we got there, and never went back the remainder of the time we were staying there. Sand was dark grey, water looked dirty, and overall just not the beach we were expecting. Luckily there are a few nicer, more private beaches (almost white sand, clear blue water) nearby and that's where we spent most of our time at. Phew.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering an extensive garden with endemic fauna, sun terrace, swimming pool and free Wi-Fi throughout, Villas Acacia Beach & Garden Hotel is located 70 metres from the beach. Guests at Villas Acacia Beach & Garden Hotel will enjoy breakfast that they can choose between an American breakfast and Costa-Rican food breakfast for an extra fee. They can also find a variety of restaurants within 2 minutes' walk. This property is 10 minutes' drive from Coco Beach and 20 minutes' drive from Daniel Oduber International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Agoda so you can book your Villa Acacia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Acacia Hotel Playa Hermosa
- Acacia Hotel Playa Hermosa
- Villa Acacia Costa Rica/Playa Hermosa, Guanacaste