Just got back from a 4 day stay, all inclusive at Villas Sol and to be quite honest they really need to step up their service and food to be rated as a 4 star hotel. We arrived almost at pm, the from desk girl, Juliana, needs to be more friendly, actually the whole front desk staff needs to improve their service, barely a warm greeting you can get from any of them; we had purchased the all inclusive package but be aware fellow travelers the all inclusive package cannot be used until pm which is the check in time, no food, no drinks. I thought that was ridiculous since I paid a good amount of money for an all inclusive package, most resorts allow you to take advantage of the food and drinks and installations and once the room is ready like all hotels at pm they give you the room so you can settle in. The front desk girl said we could eat at the snack bar by the pool since at that hour that all that is available..FYI.. snacks were terrible, all there is to offer is plain burgers, stale nacho chips and cheese sauce or hot dogs. Another thing you need to be aware of are the birds, the Blue Jays, they'll snatch your food if you aren't careful.
The room was nice, small but cozy, just enough for what is expected; food is not good, out of all the all inclusive's in Costa Rica, this one is not good. The food is the same, repetitive, breakfast has the same stuff everyday, no variation whatsoever, lunch and dinner the same story (chicken wings, beans, rice, fish,vegetables, potatoes, nachos, salads, soup); such a shame because the hotel is beautiful and the view is priceless, the amount of guests at the hotel and villas compared to other resorts is small which could be a benefit for a place like this to have amazing food. Then there is the "bonus" for those of us that book a stay of 3 nights and up, you are given a ticket to dine at their other restaurant "Las Heliconias"; we were real excited to have a change in food, what a disappointment that was, food was ok, not great. Too bad they haven't realized that their service and food needs to improve, big time!
Few things I can salvage from this trip, great cocktails (thanks to Michael the bartender from the Bar next to The Bahia Restaurant), clean, some of the staff was real nice, the sunsets beautiful, and the beach is ok, just be careful with all the jellyfish. The villas looked nice, they are fully equipped with kitchen and some even have their own pool (jacuzzi).
All in all it was ok but definitely it is not worth the money paid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villas Sol Hotel & Beach Resort is a development of 100% Costa Rican capital located on Playa Hermosa, Guanacaste on the northern Pacific Coast and managed by Promotora La Costa, a pioneer company in tourism development in Guanacaste. We are a 4-star resort, and have a Tourism Sustainability Certification (CST) of the Costa Rican Tourism Institute (ICT) and we are affiliated with Resort Condominium International RCI, being the only resort in Central America included in the Gold Crown category granted by this company. We work under an all-inclusive service in 54 deluxe hotel rooms and 109 fully equipped villas of 1, 2 and 3 bedrooms. With unbeatable view of Papagayo Gulf. Among many alternatives for entertainment and sports offered by Villas Sol Hotel & Beach Resort, you’ll find a wide variety of activities for all ages - water sports (motorized & non motorized), sport fishing, diving, kayak & jet ski as well as many one day tours that will take you to the many national parks and hide-away beaches in the area surrounding our resort. Our great location makes not only our resort a great destination but also offers a convenient closeness to all major tours and activities taking place in the Guanacaste area and surroundings. Villas Sol Hotel & Beach Resort is a place for all ages and types of vacationer. A great choice for families traveling with children, single travelers, honeymooners, people looking for a relaxing vacation or those looking for fun and excitement. Our friendly, helpful staff welcome all guests with a “PURA VIDA” and a smile & the best service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Villas Sol Hotel & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas Sol Hotel & Beach Playa Hermosa
- Villas Sol Hotel And Beach Resort
- Hotel Sol Beach
- Sol Hotel Playa Hermosa
- Playa Hermosa Sol Hotel
- Villas Sol Hotel & Beach Resort Costa Rica/Playa Hermosa, Guanacaste