1,368 results
All reviewsswim up barall inclusive packagebedroom villaa la carte restaurantswiss travelcosta ricanegative reviewsdifferent themeprivate poolmain barpura vidaeach mealhotel lobbyhot springsbeanspineapplerainy season
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I stayed at this place as part of a group on a SCUBA trip. When we got our rooms, mine was about 20 feet from the front desk. I didn't think it was a problem until we tried to go to sleep. There was loud talking until midnight every night. What's worse is that every morning at 5 AM the loud talking started again. It was mostly between the employees at the front desk. When I said I wanted another room they said there was none. My room was also right by the bus and cab pickup so there was a lot of horn beeping and loud talking every morning starting around 6 AM. The staff at this place are very inconsiderate to the guests. Most folks that stay here are Costa Rican locals. I'm assuming there is a problem with theft because you can't get a beach towel without your card, they won't let you bring a coffee cup back to your room and you have to ask for everything. They don't give extras of anything. We constantly had to ask for towels, soap, shampoo and toilet paper. One morning I had to use the public restroom in the hall because they couldn't get me a roll of toilet paper until the maid showed up for work. The food for lunch and dinner was just OK. The breakfast was crap. I ate cold cereal every morning. If you are looking for a beautiful beach forget this place. The beach is probably the nastiest I ever saw as is the water. They only had 6 beach chairs for use by the guests and they were taken by people that weren't even staying at the hotel. Anytime I complained to the hotel staff they laughed at me like I was an idiot. The building itself has possibilities. The pools are nice and the views are good too. They need to get a whole new staff to run the place. To be fair, some of the people in my party didn't think this place sucked. I guess that's the best compliment I will give it. To clarify, we stayed at the hotel not in one of the villas.

Room Tip: If you must stay at this place get a room on the second floor on the pool side of the hotel. It's the only quiet part of the building. Ask how to control AC before you go to your room. Everyone had problems with the AC.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bobbyfdny
Hotel_Villas_Sol, Guest Relations Manager at Villas Sol Hotel & Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

First let me start by apologizing for the feeling that was caused to you in during your experience with us. We take all of our guests' feedback very seriously, and appreciate it as a valuable teaching tool.
Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

but a pity the food didn't live up to much. It was an amazing place and the staff were amazing throughout. The room service seemed to be takeaway food and was delivered as such which was a surprise, considering it was all inclusive and this was the only thing we paid for we expected some proper plates etc. but oh well. The pool is awesome too!

Room Tip: Go up in the hills to the villas for the best views (at a cost) or just walk up and catch the sunset from the public areas atop the hills
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Greetings from Costa Rica nordydave !!

Thank you for choosing Villas Sol Hotel & Resort for your wedding we are so glad to hear you had a great experience at the resort. We look forward to welcoming you again; we enjoyed taking care of you.

Thanks for stay at Villas Sol Hotel & Villas Beach Resort

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I had so much fun . Mainly because of the entertainment that was provided by the hotel. The bartenders and entertainment staff were awesome. Very fun !! The actual reception desk staff were not that great. We did have a few issues with our room and unfortunately they were not able to accommodate us . But other than that it was a great vacation and we definitely will return! Pura vida !

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear 2001adriana,

Thank you for your comment, we appreciate. Thank you for the advise that you give it to others travelers, you place a lot of positive points and reaffirms two weaknesses we are trying to improve. I hope that you want to come back soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 12 August 2014

The staff are friendly and the scenery is very beautiful! The beach is just a short shuttle ride away, and the shuttle comes around often enough. The hotel is situated on a hill, so if you have difficulty walking long distances, and prefer not to wait on a shuttle, try to get a room by the main building and buffet restaurant. There are a few day time events during the day (beer pong, aqua aerobics, pool volleyball, etc) and some night time things (poker night, dancing). It's not a place for young people who are just looking to party. You'd have to go into Coco beach to do that (it's a $10 USD shuttle from the hotel including return). You can also do a bit of shopping at Coco beach for cheaper prices than the hotel. The food is just okay. If you're a very picky eater, you may not enjoy eating here. There's always plenty of meat options (beef, pork, fish and chicken), some kind of rice, beans and vegetables. For breakfast, there are no fresh egg options (omelettes, fried eggs) like I've experienced at other resorts but there were scrambled eggs. They could have been cooked a bit longer...as they were a bit runny. There was bacon served for ONE breakfast....every other day it was small wiener/sausage type things. The a la carte option was delicious and you get to eat here twice during your stay. I had the steak which was AMAZING and my friends had the salmon and mahi mahi, which they enjoyed. The servers, bartenders and front desk work very hard and are eager to help you out with whatever you need. Overall, I'm glad I went, because it was Costa Rica!! I'd recommend this to someone who isn't too picky and is looking for something decent at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Rooms are located on a hill so try to stay in the main building for easier access to everything.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Luvs2TravelAllOver

Greetings from Costa Rica, Luvs2TravelAllOver !!

Thank you for choosing Villas Sol Hotel & Resort for your vacations. we are glad to hear you had a great experience at the resort.
We look forward to welcoming you again; we enjoyed taking care of you.

Thanks for stay at Villas Sol Hotel & Villas Beach Resort

Reviewed 6 August 2014

My family and I had extremely bad experience with this place. We paid for renovated 1 bedroom villa, but they gave us very old, dirty with very bad smell, old furniture, with broken air conditioner, broken blinds villa. When we asked for a different place and said that we paid for renovated, the management said they do not have any other place, while we witnessed them placing other people in better villas. The air conditioner and blinds were fixed only on third day. They put us in a cheaper hotel room after 3 days but refused to give us credit, very unfriendly, very bad place. It was our first time in the country, will never go back... Very disappointed, we lost money, had very bad vacation because of the management of this place...

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Dina M

Gretings from Villas Sol Hotel & Beach Resort Dina M,

Thanks again for your feedback.