Hotel Bosque del Mar Playa Hermosa(Playa Hermosa)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$175
US$170
  • Pool
Hotel ManGaby(Playa Hermosa)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$96
US$93
Hotels.com
Villa del Sueno(Playa Hermosa)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$81
  • Pool
Condovac la Costa(Playa Hermosa)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$103
US$100
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hotel El Velero(Playa Hermosa)(Great Value!)
US$101
Hotel & Villas Huetares(Playa Hermosa)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$124
US$121
Orbitz.com
Villa Acacia(Playa Hermosa)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$79
1,353 results
All reviewsswim up barall inclusive packagea la carte restaurantbedroom villaswiss travelcosta ricanegative reviewsdifferent themeprivate poolmain bareach mealpura vidabeans and ricehotel lobbynice resorthot springsrainy season
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I own a timeshare at this property and I go every year. Overall, I love it. The views are amazing, the staff is friendly, and the location is great (short drive to LIR and Coco Beach, plus any excursions you might want to do).

Be forewarned: this property is NOT for people with limited mobility. It is on a hillside, so walking around the property requires traversing up steep hills. There are shuttles that transport you around, but you cannot get away without doing any walking, so come prepared.

There are 2 restaurants on the property. The main one is all buffet. The other one is reservation only, order from the menu. I have not been to that one, so I cannot comment on it. The buffet food is so-so. I'm a vegan so my options are limited, although I never have a problem finding things to eat. My omnivore companions were not really impressed with the food.

There are two bars by each of the pools, one of which is swim-up. The pools have gotten crowded, and you need to get there early to secure a chair. They have a "quiet pool", which is smaller, and a family pool, where they have the bar, activities, music, etc.

Overall, the property is in good shape, although I have experienced some problems with maintenance. The one and two bedroom suites are very spacious with full kitchens. If you can avoid the studio, avoid it. It is basically a small hotel room. Suites are definitely worth the upgrade.

I don't have a lot of other places in Costa Rica to compare this to, but I look forward to going every year.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the suites - avoid studios
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jennifer S
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed at VillaSol 7 days and I have to say this place didn’t disappoint. I had a Great time!! Staff was always very helpful and nice. Location: Playa Hermosa which is a gorgeous beach, can walk there appx 2 blocks but hills or take the shuttle. I stayed in the Villas which had beautiful views but again hills hills hills and the shuttle around the property can take a few minutes if you are in a bind for time. Villas: I had a queen size bed and a futon type of villa, pretty spacious and the villas are cleaned everyday so get restocked on shampoo, conditioner, soaps, lotion, and towels everyday. AC was nice to have because it was really hot. Entertainment: Two pools, I only went to the main one because my Villa was just down the hill to that pool, Bar is open and drinks included. I dont drink alcohol but notice they did not hold back on alcohol for their drinks. Staff at the pool and bartenders were nice and always had something entertaining going on like dance classes, bingo, volleyball, just different games. Food: Buffet: Some food items were hit and miss but overall was delicious and had great variety every day. I had the A la Carte for one night and ordered salmon rolls, fried tilapia and plantains, Delicious! Costa Rica: it rained everyday around 4pm so plan things earlier in the day, I didn’t have a car so hiked, shuttled or took Local bus to as many places as I could. For the Local buses I asked the locals at the bus stops and they were very helpful, there’s a bus stop right outside the main entrance. I traveled alone and never felt in any danger or compromised situation. Tours: I did two tours the one to Buena Vista ($135) which I HIGHLY highly recommend and Snorkeling($65) which was also nice, we took a sail boat to an islands and snorkeled for hours, amazing! The tour to the Volcano ($190) only goes out on Mondays so plan ahead of you want to do that one. All tours included transportation, food and snacks. Do different: Next time I’m renting a car or planning my cab ride to the Hotel ahead of time, landed in Liberia and it was a $40 to the hotel and $40 back. I was supervised by how expensive everything was, Costa Rica was not cheap, good thing is that they take Dollars everywhere and almost everyone speaks English. My Favorite: hands down Playa Conchal was my Favorite Beach, you cannot leave Costa Rica without visiting. Have fun and hope it helps!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank St3llaRose
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Arrived at the hotel late and tired. They did not want to except my credit card for some unknow reason and demanded cash for the entire stay up front. When we did not have enough cash with us to pay in advance we were escorted out to the street. I do not recommend this place. Go somewhere reputable.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
7  Thank _twoseasonscr
Reviewed 27 May 2018

We had a great reaction to our Villa (one bedroom, one bath) when we arrived. The villa is spacious and inviting and had a fantastic view. That was the last of our enjoyable experience. We walked into a string of problems that tainted our vacation from the start. Villa Sol is a beautiful resort property needing to update and upgrade it's accommodations. The villas are sorely outdated with the problems associated with lack of maintenance. If you want a trouble free experience, try another resort as we do not recommend.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with RCI
2  Thank roxyred0401
Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

First, we were a little concerned about the location which ended up a great place with a beautiful beach with several restaurants on the beach. We ate at these 3 times during a 5 day stay. We heard over and over the food wasn't great, so we never tried it. We were close to the pool and the music is blaring from 8am to midnight. Even earplugs didn't help. So the next night we decided to simply join the fun and we had a blast with dancing and the bartender was amazing.
This property is nice, spread out but they have a shuttle every 15 minutes, so no worries. Just go and enjoy. Several pools, market close by and front desk is available 24 hours.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family