“One of the best in Playa Hermosa”
Review of El Quijote Bar and Restaurant - CLOSED

El Quijote Bar and Restaurant
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Contemporary international cuisine including fresh sushi, seafood, pasta, chicken, meat and daily deserts, including a new children's' menu. Join us for Happy hour or dinner in our newly renovated bar and restaurant. We are pleased to announce our collaboration with the Hidden Garden Art Gallery. Enjoy fine dining while feasting your eyes on some fabulous artwork, also available for sale. Friday's are especially fun at El Quijote as we feature live music. Located on the 2nd entrance to Playa Hermosa, just minutes from the beach. Our hours of operation are Monday thru Saturday, 4:30pm till close, with the kitchen closing at 9:30pm. We look forward to seeing and serving you.
Costa Rica
“One of the best in Playa Hermosa”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

If you are visiting Playa Hermosa a visit to El Quijote is without question a must. The freshest of ingredients in everything and all is prepared from scratch. The tuna nachos are without a doubt one of the best appetizers I have ever eaten. The seafood is straight from the ocean daily and the produce freshly grown. There is an extensive menu for those who are not seafood eaters. The owner's name is Ian who is actually from Australia, a wonderful friendly man who gives the best of service to his customers. A full bar service including great wines, beers and spirits make this an excellent choice if you are simply wanting to stop for a drink. A wonderful casual atmosphere allows for either a dress or beachwear straight off the beach. Literally metres from the beach makes it an ideal location. Make sure to put this restaurant on your list of places to eat if you are visiting Playa Hermosa or just passing through. Tell Ian that Tammy from Newfoundland sent you. Pura Vida.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Tammylove
Ian C, Owner at El Quijote Bar and Restaurant, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you Tammy for you kind remarks regarding my restaurant.
Tammy it was my goal that when I opened my restaurant in November 2013
I would provide the freshest product possible to my clients,and as I am
Also a seafood lover, I prefer my seafood caught and cooked that day.
Thanks again.
Cheers Ian.

Connecticut
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

There were 8 in our party last night and we did not have a reservation.in addition we just came off a sailboat cruise and were not properly dressed. The restaurant was practically empty and we were seated right away. Ian took care of us and was very gracious. The highlight of the evening was the food. 3 of us had the Ginger Thai snapper. It was outrageously delicious. You could have put the sauce in a bowl and given me a spoon and I would have eaten it like soup. For non fish lovers, 2 in the party had the Mongolian ribs, and were very pleased. The whole snapper was also delicious, although you have to negotiate the bones. Portions were very generous so there was no room for dessert, although they sounded heavenly. Extremely reasonable priced.a definite highly recommend for anyone in the playa Hermosillo area.

• Visited April 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Tuna nachos”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

The tuna nachos were the star of our meal. Ian,the owner, was our waiter and provided great service to our large group. We felt that some of the sushi was a little hit and miss, but the tuna nachos and rice and shrimp were very good.

• Visited March 2014
Ian C, Owner at El Quijote Bar and Restaurant, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thak you Dennis B for taking the time to write a review on my
Restaurant,and yes the Tuna Nachos are a very popular choice
On our menu,but I am sorry you did not think our Sushi was of
It's normal high standard.
Cheers
Ian C.
Three Rivers
“Three meals in 7 days!”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This restaurant is under new management, and newly redecorated. The decor, lighting, and ambiance are lovely and inviting. There is outdoor seating on a patio, where there was also live music on Friday night by a local musician. We had delicious sushi & the spicy tuna rolls were some of the best we've ever tasted. We also loved the dorado (mahi mahi) filet, and the shrimp with rice entree. Meals are around $12 US. We stayed at a nearby hotel on the beach and felt completely safe walking to and from here after dark. A great addition to the dining spots in this area!

• Visited February 2014
Berkeley, California
“Grilled Fish to Die For”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

My wife and I ate at El Quijote last night. The restaurant seemed nearly empty on a Saturday night, but we gave it a try based on Trip Advisor reviews and were not disappointed. The grilled snapper was huge - could have fed two - and very flavorful.

Visited March 2014