“Excellent !”
Review of El Quijote Bar and Restaurant - CLOSED

El Quijote Bar and Restaurant
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Contemporary international cuisine including fresh sushi, seafood, pasta, chicken, meat and daily deserts, including a new children's' menu. Join us for Happy hour or dinner in our newly renovated bar and restaurant. We are pleased to announce our collaboration with the Hidden Garden Art Gallery. Enjoy fine dining while feasting your eyes on some fabulous artwork, also available for sale. Friday's are especially fun at El Quijote as we feature live music. Located on the 2nd entrance to Playa Hermosa, just minutes from the beach. Our hours of operation are Monday thru Saturday, 4:30pm till close, with the kitchen closing at 9:30pm. We look forward to seeing and serving you.
Playas del Coco, Costa Rica
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent !”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

So glad that I found El Quijote. By far the best meal I've had in the area. The service and atmosphere are great too. It is easy to tell that the owner and staff really care about the meals that they prepare. I grew up in a family that ate lots of fresh seafood and the meal that I had here was as outstanding as any seafood dinner I have had. Delightful, can't wait to return !

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank gabriel j j

Houston, Texas
“Great Food”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We had a great time at El Quiote. It is a tiny little place on the first beach road in Playa Hermosa. The owner Ian served as host, server, bar keep and bus boy. It was nice, like we had his undivided attention. He was very friendly and welcoming, but not too attentive that we couldn't enjoy our meals. My husband and I ordered the Tuna Nachos and shared the Sushi, Nagiri and Rolls combination and the Tempura Ice Cream for dessert.

The Tuna Nachos were amazing. I wish we had ordered two servings of that. One serving includes 2 nachos. After it was gone, I was sad and wanted more. He serves it on a crispy fried chip (about as big around as a biscuit), On top is piled something similar to Tuna Tar Tar. There is also a slaw of some sort in the middle which is great piled on top of the nacho. There is a sweet and slightly sour sauce on the plate that, I may have licked off the plate had I forgotten I was in public (it's that good).

Our sushi combination was a total of 20 pieces which my husband and I shared. It was just enough food for the two of us. All of the fish was extremely fresh and delicious. There was Sashimi, Nagiri and three different rolls on the plate. I especially liked that there were three rolls. Normally when you order a sushi combination that comes with a roll, it's always a California Roll. To the sushi lover, this is unbelievably boring. I like that we got, the California Roll as well as two other rolls that had raw fish in them. I believe one was spicy Tuna and the other was Salmon, but I could be wrong.

I've never had deep fried ice cream before and the Tempura Ice Cream left an amazing first impression. It was absolutely amazing. When you think of fried, you may think it'd be a heavy dish dripping in grease. But it was the absolute opposite. It was wonderfully cooked and the tempura batter was a little sweet which paired great with the ice cream.

The overall mood and atmosphere was enjoyable. I'd describe it as casual sophistication. The restaurant is decorated simply and cleanly. The dim lighting sets an intimate mood that only helps to make the dining experience more enjoyable. The place was very clean, including the restrooms (which can be hard to come by in Costa Rica). Also, Ian's place is the only air-conditioned restaurant in Playa Hermosa. We had a great time and amazing food. There were two other friends with us and they both raved about their dishes as well. I feel like you honestly can't go wrong with anything on the menu.

• Visited July 2014
Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica
“Beautiful Sushi, Excellent Food”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I love this restaurant! The food and service are always consistently great. Fresh, delicious, well presented and plentiful. I've tried many dishes, happy with all of them. It's great to dine in air conditioned comfort and yet be so close to the beach (2nd beach entrance), easy walk within Hermosa.

Norwalk, Connecticut
“Good Food, Good People”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

I had the chicken wings and the chicken special and they were very good. My wife had sushi and tuna nachos and loved them. Ian is a nice guy and treated us great. I have food allergies and they were very accommodating.

Reston, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Sushi.”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

All my friends rave about the sushi. The whole fish is good.
Friendly Waitress. Music on Friday nites.

Visited February 2014