“Flawless Experience”
Review of BA Divers

BA Divers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: B.A Divers is a Costa Rican company, dedicated to offer tours and training services in diving area in all the country. We're the first dive company in Costa Rica available to tech Disabled Divers Course(DDI), also we take care of the repair and sale diving equipment. B.A Divers was open since 2007. Our administrative office is located in Guanacaste, Playa Hermosa - Costa Rica. Actually we have 3 Diving Operations available located in Playa Hermosa, Flamingo Beach and Playa Jobo Guanacaste. We provide: . Disabled scuba diving courses • Scuba Diving tours • Diving Courses • Snorkeling Tours • Tours of Bahia • Sunset Tours • International Tours .Surfing tours (Witches Rock, Tamarindo and more). We have over 20 dives sites, with different features to please everyone, including destinations such as: Local Diving - Playa Hermosa: Tortuga (shipwreck)Punta ArgentinaMeros (sunken sailboat)Punta BallenaViradorCabeza de Mono Tiburones Fantasma. Catalinas Islands - Flamingo: La Pared Sombrero Tiburones La Viuda Elefante. Bats Islands: El Gran Susto,Bajo Negro,Los Arcos. The Bat Islands are famous for their Bulls Sharks season, which begins in May and ends in September. We have 7 years of experience in diving area certifying people with diving PADI courses: -Discover Scuba Diver(begginers). -Refresh Courses. -Scuba Diver. -Open Water Diver. -Advanced Open Water Diver. -EFR Cours. -Rescue Diver. -Dive Masters. -Specialty Courses. Our instructors have more than 3.000 dives and they are knowledgeable of all the dive sites nationwide.Currently our staff it's conformed by 11 people bilingual and trained by PADI, to provide a professional and safe service, it is noteworthy that all are people with good manners and they are formal in their work and daily life. We are known for providing personalized service and quality in every aspect, we work with equipment from top brands such as AQUALUNG. Our boats are specially designed for aquatic activities feature Yamaha 300 hp engine, roof and a maximum capacitance for 12 divers with 2 guides, first aid kit, oxygen, life preserver , communication equipment and music for the convenience of our customers.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Baby buggy parking
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I've been on two separate diving trips to Las Catalinas Islands with BA Divers. Super friendly and responsible staff. Felt super safe from start to finish and everyone was pleased to answer any questions I had along the way. The dives themselves were awesome with great visibility, big schools of fishes, eels, turtles and even a giant manta ray!

All reviews
"private boat"
"fish"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 14 May 2014

My wife and I went on our first trip to Costa Rica at the beginning of May 2014. It was a short trip and we only had one day of diving. Swiss Travel set us up with BA Divers for a two-tank local dive. We met another gentleman from Oklahoma, four others with their instructor on their open-water checkouts, and a Russian from another resort. The crew was good, the gear in great shape (better than most US shops), and the service excellent! Had our trip been longer, we would have dove with them again and again!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Great time, great professional people who take care and make you feel as safe as you can be. Diving is an amazing experience, but at BA Divers the staff make the beginning of your journey as a diver, a memorable moment exceeding all your expectations.
I got my course alone, its well known that divers go in pairs, however this was not a problem as Max assigned an instructor to be my diving buddy and join me on my first ocean experience.
Loved the place!

Reviewed 25 April 2014

My son and I did a 3 dive trip with BA Divers in Hermosa Beach. The captain and our dive master (Flaco) we're fantastic. I would highly recommend this operator to anyone diving in this area.

See more reviews
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My husband and I were in Costa Rica from April 1-8, 2014. We always heard wonderful things about the scuba diving in Costa Rica but we were a little hesitant as both of us I had never scuba dived before. (Note: I especially hate getting my head underwater) We walked by a Swiss Travel booth at the back of the resort leading to the beach and Pablo suggested we try a free dive test in the pool to see if we liked it before we booked a scuba diving excursion.

Our instructor in the pool was Hector and he was very patient with me especially. The hardest thing was just to learn how to breath in and out of your mouth and just relaxing at the bottom of the pool. We went front and back a few times and I never felt that we were rushed or that Hector was frustrated. He taught us all the hand signals and what to do if there was water in our goggles or if we were separated from our mouthpiece. We ended up spending about an hour at the pool until we were comfortable with the equipment.

We went on our scuba diving excursion on Saturday, April 5. It ended up being with one other couple from Canada and a guy we picked up from the Rio resort. Our instructor was Mauricio, the safety diver was Daniel, and the captain was Moises. Also along for the trip was Mauricio's 9 year old son who was on spring break named Santiago. He was really cute and he had previously been on five or six other diving trips and told me diving was easy so I was somewhat comforted. On our way out to the diving sites Monkey Head and Virador, we spotted dolphins and jumping rays.

Mauricio went over instructions again to make sure we understood all the hand signals and such. And Daniel helped with our dive gear and weights. Doing the backward roll entry off the boat was scary but the captain was very patient and I remember the last thing I saw before I fell back was little Santiago giving me the "ok" sign telling me I would be fine. Two of the guys on our trip had scuba dived before so they went down the rope first. Then my husband who is a quick learner and wasn't nervous went down. Then, it was me, Mauricio, and this other girl who were left. I got the feeling she didn't want to be next one to go down the rope and I didn't want to go either, but Mauricio assured us we'll be ok and deflated our vests and all three of us went down together. I quickly learned to breathe in and out of my mouthpiece again and to just relax. For the first few minutes into the first immersion I couldn't find my husband and Mauricio had already sense mine and the other woman's nervousness back in the boat so he made sure we all held hands and stayed together with him. After I got a little comfortable, I broke away from Mauricio and the other woman and swam with my husband.

After about 30 minutes, we came back on the boat where they had fresh pineapple, cookies, juice, and water. We took about a 20 minute break went to a different dive site.

On the second immersion, I ended up in the back with my husband. Towards the end, I kept slowly floating up and that made me really nervous as I didn't want to be separated from Mauricio and the other guys. (Sometimes visibility is not the greatest, especially when the sand kicks up). However, Daniel the safety diver was always behind me and that was comforting to know that I wouldn't get left behind or that I wasn't alone.

Overall, the trip was amazing! We ended up seeing a lot of colorful fish, jelly fish, shark, sting rays, and eels. I am so glad I went and the staff made me feel very safe. I would highly recommend this company to scuba dive with and would definitely book another scuba diving excursion the next time we are in Costa Rica.