I found this hotel by chance! I had not made any reservations, nor did I know where I was going to stay when I made the sudden decision to go to Samara.
When I was let out the bus from San Jose which was a 4-5 hour drive, I just grabbed my luggage and started walking around this little beach town. I thought that the right place is going to call to me and LOCANDA was THE place.
I stayed for almost two weeks and the staff and the owner were the most helpful and beautiful ever! I could not have asked for more.
Having been a solo female traveler, they protected me and made me feel secure and welcomed! I felt totally safe going to the restaurant and bar and not feel concerned. they even have a night time guard, William, who watches over the place while everyone is asleep!
I met so many wonderful people there, as the bar is right on the beach and people from all over the globe come to have drinks because you cannot deny the beauty in front of your eyes, not to mention good company and the best drinks made by Oscar and Rafa. They are the best and if you are nice they may show you the nice dance clubs on the beach!
As for the food, since I am the pickiest since I was 3 years old, Jonathan the cook, made the best meals ever!
What I found really nice and good, was that while you were sitting and having your drink, they would give you different appetizers, or soup for free which made you feel wonderful tasting the taste of their art and hard work.
I Love everyone I met there and I hope to see them again and I am so grateful for such experience.
Would I want to go there again?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Locanda is located in the heart of Samara, right on beautiful Samara Beach! 'Locanda' comes from the traditional Italian name for a Tavern, modest restaurant with annexed accommodation. In the past centuries, it had nobler significance corresponding to the modern hotel, and also indicated, in the eighteenth century, luxury hotel. Hotel Locanda proposes to you alternative solutions for your accommodation in relation to the various needs: 2 fully equipped apartments with a large terrace 2 two-bedroom apartment with patio 5 double rooms with patio or terrace 2 triple rooms with patio 2 luxury beachfront double rooms 6 luxury bungalows in a tropical garden All rooms and apartments have just been completely remodeled at the end of 2011. Bungalows are just recently built Private parking, 24/7 security, wi fi, cable tv, daily domestic cleaning, in-room dining, congierge services, pet friendly accommodation are available and free for our clients ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Locanda Samara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Locanda Playa Samara
- Locanda Hotel Playa Samara
- Locanda Samara Costa Rica/Playa Samara