The Hideaway Hotel Playa Samara
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Hotel Sol Samara(Playa Samara)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Guanamar(Playa Carrillo)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Rancho De La Playa(Playa Samara)
View Hotel
Mirador de Samara(Playa Samara)
Hotel Esperanza(Playa Carrillo)
View Hotel
All reviewsmango margaritasbrownieminute walkhowler monkeyshomemade ice creamcarrillo beachcosta ricarooms are largein townthe penthousequiet endavocado sauceturtle toursmall hoteldirt roadrental carother guests
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This is just a hidden paradise. It's just a great hotel... great rooms, great pool, great food, great drinks (they can make something up for you), great staff... I guess you get the point :-)
My wife an I stayed here during our getaway and all I can say is you can't go wrong with this place in the options list. You just have to visit it... probably one of the best places all among the Guanacaste area.
You can get to Samara beach (to the very end of it) on foot just 2 minutes away following the same road/trail where the hotel is located.
It's located right between Samara and Carrillo, so it takes about the same time to get (driving) to one or another. Samara has the night life... Carrillo has the nice beach.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We spent 4 wonderful days at the Hideaway. The staff were excellent. So helpful, courteous and personable. They truly enhanced the experience. The facility is immaculate. Beautiful rooms, commons areas and grounds. It was just around the corner from our favorite beach, Playa Carillo. We had fun picnics on the beach provided by the kitchen from the Hideaway. The food was excellent. We had breakfast there very morning. It was such a peaceful way to start the day. We also had a lovely dinner there one evening. I would highly recommend this hotel and would love to stay there again in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This place is amazing and is truly a little piece of heaven. My family did not stay at this hotel on our trip to Samara, however, once there were recommended by both locals and travellers to enjoy dinner there. We went for our final night, and it was incredible. The food and service was second to none.. the resort is very beautiful, and very quiet as it is down the beach from the town center (25 min walk, $6 cab), and walking from Carrillo Beach (known as very quiet and scenic)

What I didnt expect was the kindness and generosity of the owners. I had a broken ankle, actually I thought it was a bad twist/sprain at the time, but after dinner Doug offered my family a ride back to our villa. I cannot begin to tell you how much I appreciated the ride... now, after 5 weeks in a non-weight bearing cast, I look back and needed to say thank you and provide a recommendation to all who are considering a visit to Hideaway Hoteal at Samara Beach. You will love the place, the food and the hospitality.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jacquie k
Reviewed 5 May 2014

This is a clean hotel on beautiful grounds. The pool area is great and the food is very good. I enjoyed breakfast and liked that it was included. However, while this hotel is perfect for couples, I'm not sure I'd recommend it for solo travelers. It truly is a hideaway (as it is billed) as it is a drive (or long walk on the beach) away from town. It also is very quiet as the restaurant and reception area closes down at night. If you have a car or are traveling as a couple or with others though, that probably will not be a problem.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Stayed for 3 nights with my couple, and let me tell you this place is magic, the room #2 is perfect for couples, very quiet and retired, very clean, the room service and food are awesome, very comfortable, Dixie and crew are very friendly and helpful, will come back, ohh almost forget it, Carrillo Beach (one of the most beautiful) it's only 1 minute from the hotel!!!

Room Tip: For me and my girl room #2, retired and in a second floor
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple