Three friends spent 8 nights in early December 2008 at Alta Vista Condominiums. We didn’t book ahead, as our entire trip was last minute and we just showed up in Samara one day, hoping to find decent accommodations…instead we found Alta Vista condominiums. We thought we had died and gone to heaven. Don’t waste your timing going any place else. 100% Satisfaction guaranteed.
We rented the second floor Condo Begonia. The moment we walked in the door, it felt like home.
This spectacular modern brand new open concept condo offers all the comforts of home:
• 2 bedrooms (both with comfortable beds),
• 2-3 piece modern baths (the ensuite has double sinks and shower for 2),
• fully equipped kitchen with stainless steel appliances,
• spacious living area including a comfortable couch, TV with cable, DVD player,
• private balcony with a great view of the ocean,
• plunge pool (beach towels included)
• 3 Air Conditioning units (one in each bedroom) and one in the main living area,
• in-room safe,
• wireless high speed internet,
• access to washer & dryer,
• ceiling fans,
• alarm system, and
• short walk to the beach.
We loved every aspect of the condo. We felt incredibly safe and were very comfortable. We enjoyed breakfast on the balcony and we were so delighted with the kitchen, that we rarely went out for dinner. Buy your groceries in Nicoya as they not only have a bigger selection, their prices are much more reasonable. The plunge pool is a nice refreshing break from the intense heat on the beach. We also enjoyed hanging around the pool with a book and a couple of local beers (Imperial). The condo backs onto green space, and howler monkeys would frequent the area. On the rooftop terrace, you could see them at eye level. We didn’t have a car during our stay in Samara, and if you want to just hang out and surf, a vehicle is not necessary. We walked everywhere via the beach, even at night….just make sure to roll up your pants, or hike up your skirt as the tide is in. In the morning the tide is out, and the beach is huge. Even if you have a vehicle, it will be 100% safe at the condo.
This condo exceeded our every expectation and we couldn’t have asked for more. Patrick (the owner) is a wonderful host, and his staff are very friendly.
It was hard to leave and we considered staying for another week. For the remainder of our travels in Costa Rica, no place came close to measuring up like Alta Vista Condominiums. We really missed our accommodations. This was definitely the highlite of our 3 week vacation to Costa Rica, and we can’t wait to go back. This is the only place we would stay when we go back to Samara.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unobstructed ocean & beach views, steps from the sand and town, 1st world comfort with the jungle behind you and beach in front! Pool, A/C, wifi, hot & purified water, 1st world plumbing, full white line kitchens, modern design, secure on-site parking, full time caretaker, BBQ, Brand New! Unbeatable value + top notch service = we exceed your expectations. Our goal isn't one time business like the other guys, we want you to love us the first time and keep coming back! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Alta Vista Condominium Costa Rica/Playa Samara