“HATED TO LEAVE”
Review of Samara Palm Lodge

Samara Palm Lodge
Ranked #2 of 32 Playa Samara B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 February 2013

My girlfriend and I recently stayed at Samara Palm Lodge and I must say we were not disappointed. From my first email to inquire about reservations to the moment we departed, the hosts, Lothar and Brigitte, were very prompt, friendly and accommodating. Check in was a breeze with Brigitte providing us with a map of the local area and giving us recommendations about where to eat. Our room, #1, was cozy clean and spacious. The bed was comfortable and the beer in the honor bar was cold! The pool was clean and refreshing. There is a great common area as well as hammocks to lounge in. We loved our stay and had a hard time leaving. We will be back for sure.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank javanican

Reviewed 21 February 2013

We really enjoyed our week at Samara Palm Lodge. I must say it is one of the nicest boutique hotels we have come across. The attention to detail is amazing. The rooms and pool area are so nice. We had beautiful weather in Samara and it was so relaxing around the deck and pool (which was very refreshing on a hot day)! The computer available to guests was appreciated. The breakfast was delicious and the honesty bar provided cold drinks. The owners were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, however we really liked the ground level rooms that open up to the pool.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2013

My Husband and I first came across this little gem of a hotel two years ago. Having had a great experience last time, we decided to stay again this February. I'm happy to say that again we weren't disappointed. This hotel is located a short 5 minute walk from Samara beach. The location is perfect as it's close to the beach/town center, yet away from the noise and bustle when you want to just relax and get away from it all. The pool here is very clean and there are plenty of lounge chairs, hammocks, and a covered sitting area when you need to retreat from the Sun. The rooms are very clean and have a comfortable king size bed to sleep in. Local woods and a nature inspired decor compliment the rooms and the hotel itself. The hosts (Lothar and Brigitte) are very friendly and extremely accomodating. They had all sorts of suggestions for where to eat, what to do, etc. They even went so far as to book our next hotel for us when we were leaving Samara for Nosara. There is no doubt we will be staying here again on our next trip down.
Wendy & Kevin Jones

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Samarapalmlodge, Owner at Samara Palm Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

Dear Wendy & Kevin

thank´s for your lovely review on tripadvisor! It was our pleasure to meet you again & we hope to welcome you both´s next year again !! Take care and all the best to you both´s !
saludos de pura vida
Brigitte y Lothar

Reviewed 10 February 2013

We spent eight nights at Samara Palm Lodge and quickly learned the reviews (including my own) simply do not do this lovely bed and breakfast justice. Brigitte and Lothar were incredibly welcoming and knowledgeable; the grounds and rooms are immaculate. The location was fantastic, as well - a great (short!) walk to the beach and town. I highly recommend Samara Palm Lodge and hope to be back soon.

Room Tip: We had a ground room floor and loved our own sitting area which included a hammock.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2013

I booked a last minute trip to Playa Samara after reading all the wonderful reviews for this property. I was impressed from the second I arrived. I felt very welcomed immediately as Brigitte greeted me outside the property right as I got off of the shuttle. She was very friendly and took the time to explain the ins and outs of Samara and even made great suggestions on places to eat and book some SUP lessons. The rooms were beautifully decorated and extremely clean. The common areas have a lovely pool and covered area with tables and chairs if you want to relax or check email on their free wifi. They have an Honesty Bar where guests can grab a beer and soda which was awesome for latenight if you don't feel like walking to town. The beach is only about a 5 minute walk and the town of Samara is very safe with lots of friendly people. I watched the superbowl at La Vela Latina (highly recommend) right on the beach. Although I was traveling alone, my experience was a ton of fun and I will definitely be back to Samara Palm Lodge soon. Brigitte and Lothar are wonderful hosts and will go out of their way to make sure each guest is happy.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Samara Palm Lodge is a paradise within a paradise! The attention to detail is exquisite. Hosts Brigitte and Lothar made us feel welcome the moment we arrived. They suggested restaurants and coordinated local tours for us that were beyond expectations. We are looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 January 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Samara Palm Lodge for about five days between Christmas and New Year's. The owners are quite nice and very accomodating. The hotel and space inside the walls are wonderful. A great clean and modern room, complete with hot water and a lovely pool area. Perfect for lounging around when you want a break from the beach. Their daily breakfasts are quite good as well. Everything that's within the owner's control is perfect.
The two things that can be a bit less than perfect are: 1) It's on a pretty busy road that can be quite loud at times and requires you to be very careful when walking into town (five or six blocks) or to the beach. Lots of traffic that mostly doesn't slow down or pull over for pedestrians. 2) During our stay it was really quite loud until about 1:30am each night. There was a rodeo in town (a twice a year event, the owner told me) and the PA system there would be the envy of any NFL team's stadium. So, I would recommend that you be sure and just ask if there are any special events going on during your stay. If loud music and wall vibrating bass aren't an issue for you, then no worries.
Other than that, it is really a great hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure there are no festivals/rodeos planned duing your stay. It can be quite loud at night.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple