“Samara's Best!”

Ranked #2 of 32 Playa Samara B&B and Inns
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Samara's Best!”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Awesome value, features, location, staff and top notch cleanliness make this hotel a must if you are staying in Samara. It's located about 1 block off the beach, 5 mins from getting your feet in the sand. We spent 2 nights there and hated to leave this oasis. Lothar & Brigitte are extremely helpful with local tips and info and provide a seamless check-in/check-out process. There are 8 rooms all facing a very lush landscaped pool area and covered breakfast patio. They all have a/c that you barely need, tastefully decorated (even have LCD TV's, not that one need this here) and are super clean! The pool is beautiful, perfect for chilling with an honor bar for beer/wine/pop. Plenty of Howler monkeys & birds to provide sweet animal sounds. They provide secure parking, wifi and a laptop for the less connected. We chose this based on the reviews and can verify its dead on with it's top rating! Thanks for everything!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Boulder, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 13 March 2013

We stayed at Samara Palm Lodge for 6 nights and had such a lovely experience. The room was spotlessly clean and welcoming. The pool and lounge area was a little tropical paradise and I loved the poolside breakfast and coffee. Lothar and Brigitte were great hosts, they had great tips on the town and made adventure tours happen easily. The location was easy to find and a short easy walk to the beach. It was a great vacation and Samara Palm Lodge was a huge part of that experience.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2013

I stayed at Samara Palm Lodge over the Christmas Period. I made my reservation on the strength of the reviews on trip advisor but to be honest I was skeptical given that the room rates are so reasonable. The Samara Palm Lodge certainly lived up to my hopes. The rooms are very modern, clean and comfortable and the communal areas are lovely.

The owners are very friendly and professional and clearly go out of their way to ensure that their guests feel like they are staying in a home away from home.

Samara is a compact place with a laid back atmosphere so everything was in easy walking distance.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Helen W
Reviewed 5 March 2013 via mobile

Samara Palm Lodge was a wonderful place to stay in Samara. From the beginning, the owners were quick in responding to emails and questions. We felt very welcome and comfortable and truly felt like guests. I had mentioned to the owner when making my reservation (several months prior to the trip) we were there on our honeymoon and they remembered! I know they decorate every bed with flowers and shells for every guest, but I think we got extra special decorations! Also, the owner's daughter asked us if we were the couple on their honeymoon. Very sweet to remember and it added a lot to our stay! The pool was fantastic and very clean. The rooms were very nice and the grounds felt private and safe. One thing I was SLIGHTLY disapointed in the very first day(but quickly got over) was the location and the proximity to the beach. It was a little farther away from the beach then we had stayed before and the road you have to walk is busy with traffic. I would say it took us about 10-15 minutes to walk to the beach. But, after staying at Samara Palm Lodge and experiencing the hospitality and friendliness, it really doesn't make a big difference. I won't stay anywhere else during future (hopeful) trips to Samara!

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Youwinsome
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 28 February 2013

This place is just perfect! I felt like I am in paradise! Bri and Lothar are very friendly. At the check in I have received a map of the local area with recommendations what to do and where to go to eat! The room is very clean and and the attention to detail is amazing. The bed is very comfortable and I slept like a baby. Pool and lounge are very cozy and I loved the hammocks. Breakfast was very delicious, especially the fresh fruit! The "Honesty bar" is a great idea! Drinks were always available and cold! The place is just great, I liked everything the best.... there is nothing I liked least! I will be back for sure!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Monika R
Toronto
Reviewed 26 February 2013 via mobile

Close walk to town, beach, but not on either so there's not a ton of traffic outside. Grocery store and a great German café are within a 3 minute walk too. Owners are friendly and the rooms and grounds are clean and perfect. When relaxing in he gardens by the small pool we can hear the howler monkeys across the road. Private off-road parking too. We really enjoyed our stay. Breakfast is extra but available.

• Stayed February 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2013

This is a wonderful gem of a hotel in the lovely town of Samara.
Although it was my first time in Costa Rica and I was travelling on my own, I immediately felt at ease in the tranquil surroundings of the Palm Lodge. Brigitte and Lothar are very welcoming and have plenty of information on things to do in Samara.
The rooms are spotless and are cleaned thoroughly every day. It is easy to get talking to other people in the shared lounge area and the breakfast is highly recommended.
I spent all 10 days of my time in Costa Rica here and was sad to leave. I'd definitely recommend this fantastic hotel to anyone passing through this area.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo