“Real pizza so far from New York!”
Review of Gusto Beach

Gusto Beach
Ranked #6 of 73 Restaurants in Playa Samara
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Sushi, Italian, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Gusto Beach Risto Bar Sporting Club. Open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Italian Restaurant, Pizzeria and BBQ. Tropical Bar, Wine Bar and Happy Hour. Special Events, Live Music and Party. Sporting Club, Beach Volley, Beach Tennis and SUP. Beach Chairs and Umbrellas. Boutique Gusto Store. Info Corner Angler Stories Ocean Tours.
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This restaurant offers amazing pizza and pasta along with Costa Rican tipical favorites. Have ice cream with espresso after a fantastic Italian meal!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed in Samara Beach for 4 days, and ended up having close to all meals in Gusto.
It´s a really cool place, with good food for kids and adults, and the waiters were friendly, even after working for 12 hours straight. The elevated sofa on the edge of the beach, is great if you have kids. We were there for lunch and dinner, and I will not hesitate recommending this restaurant to anyone. We will be back!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Not sure why this place has so many average and bad reviews. The pasta dishes (Norma and Amatriciana) were one of the best we've ever had. Really delicious. Also, the place has a very nice beach atmosphere, live music and ok prices. Service was fine as well.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Note (copied from previous review): This review is for Gusto Beach restaurant. I am hoping it is the right place I found to review.

We ate twice here. The first time, in the evening, was awesome - excellent pasta, nice sangria, good service. We'd rate it five out of five. However, the second time we ate in the afternoon and it was like a completely different restaurant. So-so burgers, a terrible cuba libre, and distant service. At a guess, they get their proper chef and bartender in at 6pm and then everything is great. Don't eat here in the mornings and afternoons, however.

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Note: This review is for Gusto Beach restaurant. I am hoping it is the right place I found to review.

We had a coupon for 10% off at  this place, so we went in. It was so lovely and definitely the best ambiance with hammocks, futons, comfy looking bed like spots, cool lighting, and right on the beach. Unfortunately we went between lunch and dinner so could only get a limited menu. (Lunch is until 3, dinner not until 6. We were there at 5:20.) I chose the veggie burger and a medicina juice that had ginger, orange, lemon in it. The Mr. Had fish.  I bit into the veggie burger thinking it would be like a veggie burger back home, but I was met with a strange mushy substance. The bun was nice and hot though. I disassembled the sand which and decided I didn't know what all it was but that I would eat it and just not expect it to be like a burger from the US.  It worked well enough. The fries were fresh and hot. The Mr.  liked his fish, which came with rice and bruchetta. The bill with two meals and two drinks was $27. I would love to go back during dinner time because it looks like a hopping place and the dinners sounded really yummy. There is a boutique in front that sells swimwear and t-shirts.  Also, there was an extensive drink list for the bar.