“For the whole family, grandma included”
Review of Pato's Surf School

Pato's Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: When it comes to enjoying everything that Playa Samara has to offer, Pato's Surf School is your one stop shop for all things surfing, SUP boarding, kayaking, and more. With talented and experienced instructors and guides, your time with us will be memorable and enjoyable. Whether it's catching waves, enjoying a sunset kayak or SUP tour, or receiving a relaxing massage, we are excited to be a part of your Costa Rica experience.​ Not only are we a surf school, but a place full of positive energy. Come relax, play, meet new friends, or practice spanish!
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Pato and Eloi did a great job with my daughter, me, and my 62 year old, overweight mother. My daughter was a little nervous, but Pato was awesome and she was so proud of herself by the time we were done. My mom wasn't going to even try, but said it was so worth the $30. She actually got all the way up on her feet twice, which doesn't sound like much, but you would never guess she could have done even that. I was up almost every time I tried. A fantastic deal, a great way to spend an hour or two, and they even offer you 5 days of board use after your lesson included in the price of the lesson. So friendly. Highly recommend. I think we're going back tomorrow. Oh, and I think they're going to post pictures they took while we were out there to Facebook, so everyone can surf and still get pictures. Bonus.

Reviewed 20 April 2013

Pato has the best deal on rentals in samara.
He and Kate give great lessons. They are both very knowledgable and friendly.
My sister and best friend took lessons here and were both very pleased with the lesson. Both were able to standup on their own and both surfed for the rest of their vacation.
Stop by and talk to them in either Spanish or English. They will help you create a memorable experience.

Reviewed 13 February 2013

Pato gave us an interactive kyacking tour followed by snorkeling. Associated with his business is Drift Massage, and Katie gives one of the best massages I have ever had!

Reviewed 10 February 2013

Took my girlfriend and adult daughter to Samara at the beginning of February and everyone took surf lessons. We all had a great time, learned a bit, and made the beach in front of Pato's our home base. Kate, Pato and Luis were all very helpful and accommodating. The price/deal was as good as anybody's on the beach. I also bought a massage for my daughter from Kate. My daughter absolutely loved the job Kate did on her (and her mother is a massage therapist, so she is a good judge!). Thanks guys!

Reviewed 20 January 2013

My son and daughter took surf lessons, both of them up and surfing by their third attempt. Couldn't wipe the smiles off their faces. Not only did they get fantastic lessons they also received board rental for 5 days after! They also had pictures taken and can see them on Pato's Facebook page.

My daughter and I received massages from Kate, I can honestly say I have NEVER had a better massage, I felt so darn good after. Wish I could have one everyday!

Do yourself a favour, take lessons and then get a massage you will not be disappointed. Pato and Kate are extremely welcoming and friendly, they go out of their way to share what they love.