“Great spot, great people!”
Review of Pato's Surf School

Pato's Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: When it comes to enjoying everything that Playa Samara has to offer, Pato's Surf School is your one stop shop for all things surfing, SUP boarding, kayaking, and more. With talented and experienced instructors and guides, your time with us will be memorable and enjoyable. Whether it's catching waves, enjoying a sunset kayak or SUP tour, or receiving a relaxing massage, we are excited to be a part of your Costa Rica experience.​ Not only are we a surf school, but a place full of positive energy. Come relax, play, meet new friends, or practice spanish!
Fernie, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great spot, great people!”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We have just finished 3 weeks in Samara and were at Patos almost every day. We checked out all the surf schools by walking down the beach and immediately knew we had found the right spot when we got to Pato's. Pato and Kate are a great couple and it feels like a family. Neither my wife or I had surfed and we were both up in 1/2 hr. Vry reasonable and you get board use for 5 days with lesson!! They also offer great package deals with surfing, kayaking, beach chairs and umbrellas and massage. Kate is a RMT and with tired muscles its the perfect add on. I had a1 hr massage and it was fantastic. So make sure you turn left at the beach, walk past the other schools and look for the big blue/green sign

Visited December 2013

Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Surf School”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

My sons really got a great start in surfing from their lesson at Pato's. Plenty of great individual attention and they were laughing and having a great time for the whole lesson. They even have a really cool surfer dude dog.

Visited November 2013
Rochester, Minnesota
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The team at Pato's were amazing.”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

My daughter and I took lessons from Pato's Surf School in June 2013 and were up and surfing in less than an hour. We got to use the surf boards for 5 days at no additional charge and when the instructors had down time, they often helped us learn a few more skills. Great people. Great attitudes. A very fun and supportive team. An added bonus - - - they took photos of our entire experience and posted them on their facebook site where we could select pics to link to our own pages. I also had a massage there as well - fabulous.

Visited June 2013
brussels
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great time kayaking with Paton & Memo to Isla Chora...saw lots of fishes, starfish, lizards, moray eel, octopus, and hermit crab”
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

Pato & Memo took our large group (5 adults & 5 young kids) kayaking to Isla Chora. It took us about 30 minutes to paddle to the island. Once at the island, Memo put on his snorkel gear and guided our group to the best snorking spots. We saw so many fishes, a moray eel, starfish, and even an octopus. After snorkeling, Pato had a nice spread of pineapples, bananas, and cookies ready for us! We were hungry!!! Isla Chora is a nice small island with lots of lizards and hermit crabs. We brought our own snorkel gear but one could borrow equipment from Pato & Memo if needed. Reef shoes are definitely recommended if you plan to just wade in the water @ Isla Chora (it is a rocky beach). We will definitely go back to Isla Chora. Lastly, Pato & Memo are two of the nicest people we have met in samara!

Visited July 2013
Denver, CO
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“For the whole family, grandma included”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Pato and Eloi did a great job with my daughter, me, and my 62 year old, overweight mother. My daughter was a little nervous, but Pato was awesome and she was so proud of herself by the time we were done. My mom wasn't going to even try, but said it was so worth the $30. She actually got all the way up on her feet twice, which doesn't sound like much, but you would never guess she could have done even that. I was up almost every time I tried. A fantastic deal, a great way to spend an hour or two, and they even offer you 5 days of board use after your lesson included in the price of the lesson. So friendly. Highly recommend. I think we're going back tomorrow. Oh, and I think they're going to post pictures they took while we were out there to Facebook, so everyone can surf and still get pictures. Bonus.

Visited June 2013