“not good”

Description: http://samarabeach.com/lasbrasas/index.html
Description: http://samarabeach.com/lasbrasas/index.html
“not good”
Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

Excited about restaurant based on their website. It was one of the first I went to in Samara. The food and service are sub par.

• Visited March 2013

Edmonton, Canada
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 10 April 2013

First off, I have been cooking for 26 years, and ten of those were spent as an Executive Chef.

I ate at La Brasas three times during my 8 days in Samara and was thoroughly pleased each time.

I had the Paella twice and was blown away. It was tasty, hot, huge and absolutely amazing. The margaritas were honestly the best I have ever had, and the staff were really friendly, even in the face of some exceptionally grumpy and unreasonable guests that spent the evening complaining about the (literally) 40 foot walk to the ATM, since the restaurant didn't take credit cards.

The Chef was friendly, the food was cooked well, and I never left La Brasas in any manner other than satisfied.

Thank you to the staff and Chef. The samples of local liquors were especially appreciated.
I will return, and I will be having the paella.

• Visited March 2013
Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve, Costa Rica
“Great Place!”
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Saw the other reviews and was surprised. Either it's under new management or those other people hit it on the cook's night off. We had great food and great service. Great location on the main street not far from the beach. Would recommend it and will eat there again.

• Visited February 2013
Newmarket, Canada
“Wow, stay away”
Reviewed 15 January 2013

They are doing it ALL wrong. Warm beer, sub par service, poor dishes... We as a group of four agreed that the meal was sub par and there are 10 other places in Samara alone that are 100 times better. What a shame for a place that is in a prime location.

Visited January 2013
Clemson, SC
“Terrible Italian food, but the Paella looked/smelled delicious”
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I came here with 3 friends and we all ordered the wrong things. Two of us ordered ravioli that was quite bland, one ordered run-of-the-mill spaghetti bolognese, and the other ordered smoked salmon. None of us were satisfied.

A group of 3 near us ordered the paella and it looked and smelled amazing.

• Visited December 2012