“Nice place”

Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Playa Samara
CT
“Nice place”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

The hotel was a nice hotel. The rooms were clean, the pool was nice(although it had some stuff that could easily be cleaned out), and the staff were wonderful. Overall it was a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I have stayed in countless hostals and Rancho de la Playa ranks along with the best I have stayed in.

Friendly and efficient staff who showed me a number of rooms with/without aircon, private/dormitory to fit most budgets.

The food was great, the pool was excellent and the live music in the evening was the cherry on top of the icing on the cake.

Many thanks to Megan and her team who were incredibly professional and who ALL made me feel welcome - even though I was only staying one night!

Room Tip: If you can afford a room with aircon go for it, Samara gets hot!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank NickStClair
Diamond Bar, California
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I arrived in early April and planned on staying for a couple of weeks.
I asked the staff about security and I was told that it was safe.
So I left my personal belongings and first my IPhone was stolen form my phone and then some of my money was stolen from hotel room.
My advise is to stay away . If you do go do not trust anyone there.
I left early because I wanted to relax and rest and I found to stressful to stay and be worrying about getting rob in a place that you put your trust on.
Very sad and disappointed with this place . I was asking the locals Americans and I was told that alot of theft goes on in Samara. I was told that one of the Local americans had been rob over 5 times. I have travel extensively and this ranks with one of my worst experiences.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank marco g
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 13 May 2013

A friend suggested I stay at this place. Megan & Roberto are the absolute best! So helpful, caring for pretty much every need (and want!). The pool was a great place to cool off in during the heat of the day. The food served at the restaurant was top quality, and with a wide selection. And if there's something I wanted to eat that wasn't on the menu, or if I wanted to substitute something, no problem! They went out of their way to make it happen. The bar has all kinds of liquor; they will make (almost) anything you can think of. The room was clean, and had a fridge, TV, and A/C. Security was tight, especially at night, which made me feel safe. Besides Roberto & Megan, the next best thing was the live music...and dancing! FABULOUS!! There's nothing really to complain about. Can't wait to go back!

1 Thank Crissy-dee
Jaco, Costa Rica
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I was directed to this hotel from a friend who had lived in the area. This place is really nice, fun and super friendly! They have a pool, which was kept very clean, nice size rooms that are clean and they have hot water for the shower. The manager, Megan is friendly and helpful as are everyone else working there. They have a restaurant on site with very tasty food at a great price and while we were there they had 2 nights of live music. Its a minute walk to the beach. They also have a secured parking lot on site. Will definitely stay here again on my next visit to Playa Samara! Muchas gracias everyone!

Davenport, Washington
Reviewed 20 April 2013

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel. The apartment we stayed in was not fully equipped. Our room was dirty & many things falling apart. The toilet ran non stop. The pool needed cleaning as well as the the surrounding areas. The plus was the bed was okay & the people are nice. The price we paid was high & the food was okay but expensive . A little maintenance would be good.

1 Thank srborden57
US
Reviewed 17 April 2013

It is the utmost scam in the world when you are being promised a paradise but instead, being delivered to hell--where Garden of Eden becomes Dante's Inferno. These are the things that are likely to happen only in some Wes Craven film's Opus in some Hollywood production. The only problem this time is the location, event and characters aren't coincidental but purely real. Let's call it Hell Hotel Rancho de la Playa in Samara, Costa Rica.

Rancho de la Playa as the advertisement goes will lure you to throw in a hefty deposit to reserve a room. I tell you now this is their doorstep to Hades. Whatever happens do not, I repeat--do not lure into drawing your hard earned money and give them a deposit. This is where all the miseries will start for you as it happened to me. I paid them a cash deposit to hold rooms for me as anybody would do in a standard operating procedure. However they will suddenly inform you that the management have changed and the hotel had been sold to some other proprietor and that the reservations you paid for cannot be honored under the new management. However furious you are, you will be rendered helpless by this miserable hotel policy and I ended having a big hole in my pocket to the tune of $8000.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family