All reviewsthe ownercosta ricanice hotelin townminute walk to the beachnice poolcomfortable bedspolloevery morningkitchenshademonkeys
Reviewed 25 February 2017

We booked for two nights - and stayed a week. After our first two nights, we checked around town to see if there might be a hotel with better combo of tranquility, comfort and value. We found none. We met a constant flow of people from around the world. The difference is the personable staff at Rancho who made us feel so much at home - its location on a quiet street - and a refreshing pool with both sun and shade.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2017

I love Samara Beach and this place was a nice little find. Great location and quiet. Nice breakfast, although not included. Bed and pillows uncomfortable. If you like to use a wash cloth, you'll need to bring one. We only got the shower temperature up to the edge of warm, but luckily the cool water felt refreshing in the heat. The bathroom lighting was very poor. The staff was very nice and they gave us a recommendation for a phenomenal restaurant The hotel is currently for sale so no guarantee what it will be like in the future.

Room Tip: Away from the front desk/bar -- mornings can be noisy.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2017

We stayed in one of the rooms with two beds and shared bathroom and it was quite comfortable. The shared bathroom was actually really nice, with a great shower, and never had a problem with its availability. The beds were comfortable enough, the AC was great, and hotel property itself was very nice. The owners were friendly. Didn't really like that we had to leave our key at reception, but it didn't cause any problems. The wifi was spotty, and breakfast wasn't included, but the menu looked pretty good. Great location (right in town and near the beach), free parking, and a pool as well. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Shared rooms are good value
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 February 2017

I was very happy with my choice staying, clean, good price, good stuff and management !! good vibes !!
spent there just 2 nights, but could have stayed much longer there !
Next time for sure I am going to change my travel schedule

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

My friend and I were lucky to book 2 nights at the Rancho De La Playa. The place is very well situated and quiet, away from the crowd. But still, only 3 minutes walk from the beach. The place has a great pool and small restaurant. The atmosphere is great. The room are very clean and the place is safe. The staff is like a small family, very welcoming and will help the best they can. I highly recommend. Thanks to Roberto, Andrea, Eva and Tony !

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends