“Kayak Tour Was Spectacular”

Samara Adventure Company
US$50.00*
Ocean Kayak and Snorkeling in Samara
Ranked #2 of 28 Tours in Playa Samara
More attraction details
Owner description: We are specialists in customizing your vacation for your specific interests and budget. We can organize all the details of your trip, from your arrival at the airport until the time to say goodbye. We offer activities, hotel reservations, and transportations for almost anywhere in Costa Rica. Let us take care of the bookings and logistics of your trip so that you can relax and enjoy this beautiful country! SAMARA ADVENTURE COMPANY IS A COSTA RICAN FAMILY-OWNED BUSINESS ESTABLISHED IN 2004. ALTHOUGH KNOWN AS AN OUTSTANDING TOUR OPERATOR COMPANY HEADQUARTERED IN SAMARA BEACH, IT IS WELL RENOWNED TO PROVIDE DISTINCT TRANSPORTATION SERVICES AS WELL.
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Had a great tour from Samara Adventure Company two days in a row (I split my group in half). The can came to pick us up on time, it was clean, and it was comfortable. Fabrezio (sp?) was our guide both days. He explained everything clearly in English. I especially liked that he was concerned for everyone's safety. He was knowledgeable about the island, the fish, and other life forms. They supplied cold water, fresh fruit, and a cold fruit juice or tea. I highly recommend this tour and company.

davidortega, Owner at Samara Adventure Company, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Buenos dias!! Thanks a lot for your review! We really appreciate to know that you enjoyed the tour you took with us and also that you were content with the guide's effort and explanations. We always put our clients' safety first and we're glad to hear that you felt safe on the tour. It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you back in Sámara one day! Pura Vida!

There are newer reviews for Samara Adventure Company

Reviewed 2 April 2014

We planned our vacation excursions for 10 people weeks in advance all via e-mail with Viola. She was very patient, helpful, friendly, efficient and professional. We used Samara for several excursions as well as transportation to and from Liberia airport. We were able to customize some tours and also re-schedule due to illness. The guides and drivers were always on-time and did an outstanding job. Everything was A++. The whole experience worked perfectly and we would highly recommend Samara Adventure for all your vacation activity needs!

davidortega, Owner at Samara Adventure Company, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear Donna,

Thank you so much for your review!! I really enjoyed helping you planning your vacation and I'm even happier knowing that you enjoyed it :-) Really glad to hear about how you've experienced all the tours and transports in Sámara. It would be great to see your family back some day, hoping that you would all stay healthy to enjoy even more of Sámara and Costa Rica, there is so much more to see, to do and to experience... And of course I'd be glad to help you again, it was a pleasure and great to have met you here. Pura Vida!!!

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I was planning my 2 week trip for many months in advance and already had a tour company in mind I had discussions with. One of my "must" do was the safari float and I wanted to do it as a connection from Arenal to Samara area and was thinking of the stand up paddle also offered as a connection by the other company. I came across Samara Adventure Company which offered the safari float on way back to San Jose. Being the anal person that I am I wanted to book connections quite ahead in advance as I think I just had too much time on my hands. I contacted Samara Adventure as the transfers were important and David was so honest in telling me the 4 people minimum to San Jose is hard to predict. He advised me why not do it from Arenal which I didn't know they offered. I expressed interest in stopping at the Puma Centre which I know other said company no longer did but Samara Adventure's website still noted it. He was very honest in telling me they no longer stop at the Puma Centre but if it's that important they would do it., Is that excellent service or what? You know I no longer booked with other said company.

I then booked my private transfer from San Jose to Monteverde. safari float from Arenal to Guanacaste and they even drove me directly to my remote hotel for a few dollars more which is a hotel not offered on interbus and other companies charge more.

I also booked my shuttle transfer back from Samara to San Jose (even though I know you can do this on interbus directly)... my thoughts were I trust these people and why not. I did have a van with their name on it pick us up and drive us directly to our hotel in Alajuela - not dropping us at Denny's as I thought normally happens then you taxi it to your B@B .. what a great surprise. This may not be their norm but I'm grateful for this service at the very cheap prices.

I did stop in while in Samara and had conversations on varies tours with a lovely lady. Came back next day and booked the dolphin tour which was amazing.

The other said company was involved in our safari float part way but I didn't care. These are great people and I recommend using them for any of your needs. I had a hotel cancel my booking and they promptly changed my documents. Didn't demand payment write away.. I believe it was a couple of weeks prior ...Awesome service.

davidortega, Owner at Samara Adventure Company, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Hi Les, we're so pleased to see you took the time to write a review about us!! It's great to read you've enjoyed working with us so much. As we're not only a tour operator but also a vacation planner it's great to read something from someone who has enjoyed these services as well. And your review makes us feel really proud! As you might have read in an earlier comment it's always our goal to give every single person some extra service, for example the Puma Center. I really hope you've enjoyed this and also the Safari Float, the tours you did with us and of course the natural beauty of our country!! Just hope that we've left you with great memories and excited to visit us again one day. Please feel welcome again and please know that you can contact us for whatever you need. It was a pleasure helping you!! Pura Vida!

Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

This company offers many fun adventures. One fun one is the kayaking. Right from the moment you are picked up from your hotel everyone is nice to you. You get driven to a beach where people get on groups of two for kayaking. You then go down two different rivers. The whole trip takes about two hours. During the trip you have a quick stop at a beach for water and some fun time. You also see many different types if birds. At the end your guide might have fresh fruits for you. The guide might also have taken pictures during the trip and you can have them sent to you. One thing to remember for this trip is wear sunscreen and a swim suit.

Hola!! Thank you for your nice review!! We're glad to hear you had a good time on the River Kayak tour and that you had such a good feeling about everyone. We always want to give this extra touch of service: the fruits, drinks, pictures, pick-up, and it's good to hear you've enjoyed it!! Please feel welcome back to Sámara any time!! Pura Vida!

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Our vacation rental agent, Louise Tangri, arranged for a driver for us from the Liberia Airport to our vacation property in Samara ( 2hr drive). When we arrived in Liberia our driver, Rodrigo, was there waiting for us with a clearly labelled sign with my name on it. Rodrigo is employed by Samara Adventure Company. He was friendly and helpful and spoke good English. Along the way Rodrigo pointed out things to us that were uniquely Costa Rican. He graciously answered all of our questions and made us feel very comfortable. We enjoyed our experience so much with Rodrigo and Samara Adventure Company that we booked a day during our vacation for a tour which was tailored to our interest and once again Rodrigo was a courteous and helpful guide. At the end of our 2 weeks stay we requested Rodrigo for our 2 hr drive back to the airport and of course we were not disappointed. Thanks David, Rodrigo, Louise and Samara Adventure Company for helping to make our Costa Rican experience so special!

davidortega, Owner at Samara Adventure Company, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Hi Nathalie!! Thank you for writing your review. We're really glad to hear you had such a good welcome in the beautiful Costa Rica! We defenitely believe that the first impressions you get in a new country are really important. And even more to feel safe and comfortable. We're proud to hear that we did a good job on that :-) Always feel welcome to visit us again!! Pura Vida!